Want to take part in a boat race for charity-no experience necessary!

Katwalk

Hi guys,

We've got an amazing FunMeFit member who is organising the Sheffield and Rotherham Charity Dragon Boat Race 2013. It looks like so much fun and supports a load of local charities.

They're still looking for a couple of teams so if you're interested, please contact Kerry. I have a stall on the day so come and say hello if you're a visitor or a competitor!

http://www.funmefit.com/members/kerrygrundy/profile/

Hope to see you all there :)

Thanks Kate! :)

It's £35 per person to enter, or £385 per team. You need at least 11 people per team, however you can have more team members than this. If you would like to take part, but do not have a team to join, please get in touch as I know teams that are looking for extra crew members.

You are guaranteed 3 races per team, but may race 4 or 5 times if you get through to the semi-final and final.

To make sure you are kept active between races, we have also arranged a bank side sports day where teams are encouraged to take part in races such as the egg and spoon race, sack race, space hopper race!

Some teams have around 30 team members (this brings the cost down to approx £12.50 per person), this way each person gets to race at least once and those less stronger members of the team still get to take part.

As well as each team taking part in the dragon boat race and the sports day, teams are also allocated space to erect a 3m x 3m gazebo. Teams also have the opportunity to fundraise on the day by way of tombola, raffle etc and/or run an information stand. Whatever teams choose, the race provides a great way to get together with work mates, friends and family for a fun day out!

BBQ's are allowed as are well behaved dogs.

It's going to be a fantastic day and I hope to see you there! :)

---------- Post added 31-08-2013 at 17:35 ----------

I'm out and about quite a lot this next week with last minute preparations for the race, so if you need to contact me it's probably better to email me :)

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 18:18 ----------

I can't send private messages!

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 18:19 ----------

It keeps saying I have to increase my post numbers

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 18:19 ----------

so I apologise for these random posts!

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 18:21 ----------

charlottep - my twitter is atkerrygrundy. Please can you DM me as it won't let me reply to you message on here.

We do have boats left and fancy dress is optional. I know a lot of the teams are getting dressed up :)

The best number to get me on is 0114 2757744 :)

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 20:29 ----------

Oooo.... forgot to mention that due to a couple of teams having to withdraw their entries, we have boats available at a reduced price of £200 each!!

Archived