How Many Friends Do You Have On Facebook? Is It Important?

63. Though i did have 138 at one point. Had to ditch a whole bunch for spamming with game invites, stupid status updates and the like.

The 63 are all people i've spent lots of time with and who's company i enjoy, i wont add someone just because we've met once of twice, there has to be a point to it. The majority of my friends are actually from Wiltshire. :)

I had 190-0dd at one point but after a recent purge its now at 135, which is still too many as I only regularly see about 50 or so of them face to face.

I don't know any of them face to face. I must be one sad case :(

---------- Post added 26-08-2013 at 21:50 ----------

63. Though i did have 138 at one point. Had to ditch a whole bunch for spamming with game invites, stupid status updates and the like.

The 63 are all people i've spent lots of time with and who's company i enjoy, i wont add someone just because we've met once of twice, there has to be a point to it. The majority of my friends are actually from Wiltshire. :)

Off topic :rant: This is Sheffield :D

I have about 40, most of those are members of a small closed group I have just joined.

I am not the slightest bit interested in adding names just for the sake of pushing the numbers up, nor do I care how many others might have.

People who follow celebs and claim them for 'friends' are just sad, but I suppose they aren't doing any harm, just deluding themselves.

I think I have about 160 and I know all of them. There's lots of old school friends, a couple of teachers, most of my family, Ex work colleagues, kids school friends parents, current & past neighbours & a few good friends we met on our daughter's 6 month hospital stay. (oh & Jason Manford) ((oh & Ben Parkinson the wonderful soldier))

I wouldn't add anybody I don't know.

Mega has 62 accounts on FB :D:D:suspect::hihi:

How many friends do you have? Do you actually know any in real life? Or, are you someone who just adds anybody like me?

Does it make feel important to have hundreds of friends?

Does it make you feel like a berk only having a few friends? And nobody comments?

Opines.

I have 9 in my facebook account. Actually i do not ask someone for a friendship i do not know. I have met all the friends, i have in my facebook friends list. No i do not like to have hundred of thousand friends in my list. Have some friends but the sincere ones.

How many friends do you have? Do you actually know any in real life? Or, are you someone who just adds anybody like me?

Does it make feel important to have hundreds of friends?

Does it make you feel like a berk only having a few friends? And nobody comments?

Opines.

I only have friends that I know, there are a couple that I know through forums that I've never met in the flesh (okay, one actually). Everyone else is a friend made in the flesh.

I also remove people periodically, as I accept friend requests from students in the martial art I teach, but they leave university after a few years and there's not many that I keep in touch with, so if they were only added due to the martial arts connection, I remove them again.

I'm not interested in how many friends facebook says that I have.

---------- Post added 27-08-2013 at 08:56 ----------

So glad I didn't join Facebook. I keep in touch with the people I want to keep in touch with face to face. And why people feel the need to update every second of their life is beyond me!

How's that going to work if a friend moves abroad?

---------- Post added 27-08-2013 at 09:01 ----------

I have about 40, most of those are members of a small closed group I have just joined.

I am not the slightest bit interested in adding names just for the sake of pushing the numbers up, nor do I care how many others might have.

People who follow celebs and claim them for 'friends' are just sad, but I suppose they aren't doing any harm, just deluding themselves.

I don't think that's actually possible.

Celebs, groups, etc, have 'pages' which you can like, they are not people though and can't be added as a friend.

(They can of course register as people and allow people to friend them, but I don't think most do this).

• 4 weeks later...

How's that going to work if a friend moves abroad?

I think facebook is not the only tool to help you contacting your friends. Skype, googleapps, viber etc are some of the best tools to help you in contacting your friends if they are abroad.

Archived