How Many Friends Do You Have On Facebook? Is It Important?

I think facebook is not the only tool to help you contacting your friends. Skype, googleapps, viber etc are some of the best tools to help you in contacting your friends if they are abroad.

Being a man I don't really like talking on the phone. That extends to skype.

Googleapps would be great if I wanted to collaborate on a spreadsheet, but it's not much use for keeping in touch with friends. And viber is just another way of phoning or texting someone.

There's certainly a place for the phone, and for text, I use them for targetted communication, but they're not ideal for groups of friends or for casually keeping in touch IMO.

I certainly wasn't claiming that FB is the only tool though, it's just a tool. As long as that's understood then there is no problem is there.

I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, never had the desire to share things with complete strangers.

I have real friends and family though not 1,647 false ones!:D

As Facebook is from the USA ensure that you don't mention certain activities and certain words in that category as your Facebook pages will be tracked by the security services within the said country and you may find suddenly that you're spending the next 25 years at Guan Bay!!!:suspect:

If I need to communicate I have a phone or email, simples!

If you are on facebook, you will always have a friend in Langley, Virginia.

That must be the worst job in the world. Imagine working at the NSA & having to sift through everybody's cat/dog/holiday/kids/what they just ate for dinner photos to find terrorist sympathisers. I think the spies are the only people that still look at what's posted on Facebook.

Friends to me means someone you spend time with or at least talk to on the phone. Otherwise I call them 'someone I know'. I much rather have 12 proper friends then 200+ that you can't possibly be a proper friend to. Besides having so many so called friends would be exhausting, in time spent on facebook when I would prefer to be meeting up with my friends and enjoying their company.

Archived