United...2 lucky Breakaways

Waffer

Was this the worst game this season  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Was this the worst game this season

Waffler know Jack s**t about football by the Sounds of it...........

Sure loser...........

If your lot would have put 2 goals in like our against us, then I would have happily come on her and said fair play!

How can a free-kick be a lucky goal?.......You have'nt got a clue to be quite frank?????

And Akinbiyi's finish, Ok, poor defending from your lot, but with pressure from your keeper, again it was a top notch finish!

DONT TALK NONSENSE!

Sheffield Wednesday - Star's derby admission

20 Feb 2006 10:20

Owl’s striker Steve MacLean has conceded that Sheffield United deserved their derby win at Hillsborough on Saturday.

MacLean, who scored his first goal of the season after recovering from injury on Saturday, said:” We never really matched United. We were second best until the last 20 minutes, when we showed our true colours, but it was too late.

"They are a strong, physical side; they were effective and they probably deserved the three points.

"There is disappointment on our part; we could have played better."

Waffler know Jack s**t about football by the Sounds of it...........

Sure loser...........

If your lot would have put 2 goals in like our against us, then I would have happily come on her and said fair play!

How can a free-kick be a lucky goal?.......You have'nt got a clue to be quite frank?????

And Akinbiyi's finish, Ok, poor defending from your lot, but with pressure from your keeper, again it was a top notch finish!

DONT TALK NONSENSE!

Spot on Matt. I'm an Owl and went to the game and the best team won. When i saw the first goal i thought it may have been an error on Adamsons part but after wtaching on TV it was just a great goal. The second was a comedy of errors, Simek lost the ball on Halfway as he chose againstthe simple ball. No one then ran across to the ball going down the wing considering we were closer than any Utd player onthe pitch. Then Gilbert ballsed up by leaving Akinbiyi for a great volley.

Personnally i didn't think we deserved to be two down at half-time, Akinbiyi bullied our defence well, Dyer tried to follow and won a few dubious decisions around the box. The first half was dreadful as a whole. Second half you shoudl have been 4 up before we gort the penalty. At the time i disagreed with it although slow motion says it was correct. Ref then missed a blatant push on Brunt which could have made the game all square.

But UTd were much better, Wednesday didn't start till the 80th minute and although i felt the pen would have made it 2-2 thatw oudl have been harsh.

So praises to Utd and a bigger praise to the one minute silence.

The reason i say dodgy goals was that from such an narrow angle with a two man wall watching the front post, the ball went in easy at the far post which the keeper was watching, i was right behind tonge when he hit it there should have been nothing to shoot at, poor keeping.

And the second goal wednesday stopped playing, they thought the ball was going out, bullen only jogged to close the player down, the cross to akinbiyi was a nice cross with all the time in the world, and then akinbiyi only had to beat gilbert, the ball bounced once then twice, then akinbiyi hit a sweet shot and in off the bar, a nice goal, but from an owls point of view a farce.......do you see now.

And as for you should have had 5, well you only had about 5 chances, and no one scores with every chance, thats why games finish 2-1 etc....

In the sheffield fa cup semi final Wednesday had 31 efforts at goal, ie 31 chances, by your reasoning, we should have beat United 31-10....would have been a good score that.......i wonder what the odds would be.......10 quid mate on wednesday to win 31-10

PPS we should have had aat least 3 pens........honest

I think we should have scored all the chances as they were easy chances,Dyer missed a sitter & so did Akyinbyi & that would have been 4 & with your 2 pens,we still would have won 4-3.But good luck for the rest of the season.UP THE MIGHTIER BLADES

Archived