Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising

I had some furniture delivered yesterday and there are two single beds and a double wants removing. Tried calling for a skip yesterday lunchtime, using adverts in the yellowpages. Majority say they work six days so i thought no problem. I mean it would be a 10 minute job i could have loaded the skip in 10 minutes and they could have taken it away. Easy money. What a job it was, ringing around, various quotes from £70 to £113 but nobody would fetch me one out. Not only that a lot of them said there is not much work on at the moment for them. When they can turn easy money down like that its not friggin surprising

Rant over

I had some furniture delivered yesterday and there are two single beds and a double wants removing. Tried calling for a skip yesterday lunchtime, using adverts in the yellowpages. Majority say they work six days so i thought no problem. I mean it would be a 10 minute job i could have loaded the skip in 10 minutes and they could have taken it away. Easy money. What a job it was, ringing around, various quotes from £70 to £113 but nobody would fetch me one out. Not only that a lot of them said there is not much work on at the moment for them. When they can turn easy money down like that its not friggin surprising

Rant over

Drivers wages,national insurance, deisel, vehicle excise duty, vehicle insurance, waste management license fees, land fill tax,etc. Unfortunately, they all add up. Whether its three beds or a skip load of builders rubble, his costs are about the same.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question, i have no drive and the grass verge on the front is sloping, which means they usually have to put the skips on the road. This is sometimes made difficult because i live on a dead end Lane. Is it possible to go over a wall on to my front garden instead.