Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising

I have 2 matresses, a single bed base and a washing machine to get rid of. What's my best option? Hire a small skip (what size and at what sort of price?) or get a bloke with a van to move it?

Any suggestions as to cheap, reliable companies etc would be gratefully received.

Thank you :thumbsup:

Originally posted by cgksheff

If you are a council tenant I'm 90% sure that the council will take the washing machine away for free. Maybe the other stuff too.

Yes. It says here that they will take all bulky domestic items from tenants for free and £28 for private households.

I'm not a council tennat but may give them a ring anyway . The last time I tried this I was told there was an 8 month waiting list for things to be collected. Hopefully this will have changed now!!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't have any idea about the exact cost, but if you have any old furniture to get rid of, you might be able to donate it to the MATILDA SOCIAL CENTRE, 111, Matilda Street, (The old tall warehouse building opposite the closed up Matilda pub).

You can contact them through their email list at: https://lists.aktivix.org/mailman/listinfo/matilda

Hope that may be of help.