Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising

3 hours ago, J666HUR said:

Hi,

I'm needing a skip but got a couple of concerns.

---- I dont know what size?

The job I need it for is to remove brick, stone, concrete & wood that's built up over the years. Your talking approx the same size as a girls wendy house (6ft x 3ft x 3ft) 

---- How will they drop off?

I live 3 doors away from a cul-de-sac with flat roof houses and maisonette on the cul-de-sac, so most of the time parking is tight. Their are two spots that they can drop off (off road) but are blocked most days/time with mobility cars.

In a nut shell I'm trying to work out what size/price I need and how would they drop off. The last time I ordered a skip would had been 8 years ago and I had a drive. I've added a like to two pictures to try and show the volume of work.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WrNrR2R3WESEYVEQ6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nKxd8d6hy1gR2pwr9

When you’ve got your quotes ask if there is any discount for rubbish being brick etc ,if you can dispose of /burn the wood separately 

Have just had an 8 yard skip ordered, for 190 +VAT from Bradwells for what looks to me more or less the same size of rubble (2 bathrooms demolished both with suites, shower cubicle and tiles/flooring + ca. 100 sq.m. of laminate/carpets) . If you're patient enough you can align all the bricks and laminate boards inside the skip in such a way so that there even will be some space left for an extra house/garage clearance! :-))) Atb.

P.S. Hint: ask for a skip with a drop down front, then you'll be able to use a wheelbarrow!

• 5 months later...
  • nikki-red changed the title to Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising
  • 1 year later...