Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising

I think you will find that about £130 for an 8 yard skip (normal builders size) is about the norm these days.

EIGHT YARDS!!!! blimey ... I don't need one that big ... it'll never fit on the drive :o

I just want one that will take a double bed and a few other bits and pieces of old furniture and assorted rammel ... what size would that be?

8 yards is a builder's skip. There is a smaller one, and an even smaller one - tell them what you want to get rid of, they will advise.

When were you quoted £130? Was it before the budget - cos I think landfill tax went up in the budget.

Finally, it's often cheaper if you pay cash to the driver. Mention it when you book.

G

EIGHT YARDS!!!! blimey ... I don't need one that big ... it'll never fit on the drive :o

I just want one that will take a double bed and a few other bits and pieces of old furniture and assorted rammel ... what size would that be?

Acorns prices at the end of last year were 4 yard...£65; 5 yard...£75; 6 yard...£90. All these were +£5 for the Council permit (if necessary) to put the skip on the road. Prices may have increased recently (not sure) but I have always had good dealings with Sam when having any building or garden work carried out at any of my properties.

if you can get one for less , let me know because I use Acorn all the time and they've always been cheapest and reliable, and if an 8-yard skip won't fit on your drive , your car wont:huh:

I don't have time to be ringing round to save a couple of quid, I just went with them. I thought 8yds meant 8 yards long, i.e. 24 feet :rolleyes:

Why dont they just say this skip is 8 feet long x 5 feet wide x 5 feet high and then we'd all know where we were. All this cubic stuff means nothing to me, nothing I tell you!

You have to pay the driver in cash before they'll leave it with you, that was the arrangment anyway. Which makes sense as you might not want to give the money after you've filled it, and then what would they do?

Now I see it in situ, I don't think it's going to be big enough anyway :o

I don't have time to be ringing round to save a couple of quid, I just went with them. I thought 8yds meant 8 yards long, i.e. 24 feet :rolleyes:

Why dont they just say this skip is 8 feet long x 5 feet wide x 5 feet high and then we'd all know where we were. All this cubic stuff means nothing to me, nothing I tell you!

You have to pay the driver in cash before they'll leave it with you, that was the arrangment anyway. Which makes sense as you might not want to give the money after you've filled it, and then what would they do?

Now I see it in situ, I don't think it's going to be big enough anyway :o

They would put a couple of full ones along side it and left there , it would soon be paid , only the price will have gone up .:D

here's a tip , don't just throw stuff in random . it will be full in no time but there will be loads of wasted space . "pack" the skip like you would a case and you'll get twice as much in:thumbsup:

here's a tip, don't just throw stuff in random . it will be full in no time but there will be loads of wasted space . "pack" the skip like you would a case and you'll get twice as much in:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip and I would do that, of course - but I have acquired a man to do the heavy work, so we shall just have to leave it up to him :)