Skip hire recommendations in Sheffield - No advertising

snippy - don't just throw stuff in random. It will be full in no time but there will be loads of wasted space. "Pack" the skip like you would a case and you'll get twice as much in :thumbsup:

We have bashed, trashed and indulged in chocolate fuelled mayhem and managed to not only fit everything in but also managed to fit in a couple of items for our neighbours too. Tool of choice - the humble lump hammer :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have had over twenty skips over the last two years, after buying a wreck of a house.

Knew it was a wreck when we bought it BTW.

The ones we used were ' Eight ton '. They are big. And filled them all.

If you only want to get rid of a bath, it would be cheaper to hire a van for the day and take it to the tip. However, if you do turn up in a van, they see it as ' trade waste ' and may charge you.

The problem is that the land fill sites are getting full, the skip companies are getting more and more charges for doing their job of disposing of your waste.

Anyway, about £120 for an eight ton skip.

JT Skip hire 0797 3243665

Very nice bloke.

We've used ACorn before, but have seen a fair few Bradwell ones of late.:rolleyes:

Just be sure to fill as quick as you can, otherwise all the TIGHT chuffs dump there rubbish in without asking.:suspect:

My mum hired a skip and within an hour of it being delivered and before she'd put anything in it, a bloke pulled up in a car and dumped a lawn mower in it! CHEEK!! Mind you, on the other end of the scale, all the time she was filling it, people were rumaging through it seeing what they could take! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself!

• 4 months later...