New to the sheffield scene

daveytelford

Ive lived in sheffield for a few years and have finally got my fishing gear out of storage. I went do to the canal behind the hilton just round the first bend and was dissapointed with the fishing in the area. Ive been told the don can be ok but just looking for recommendations. Live near to northen general with no car so somewhere I can get a bus to or a shortish walk. Thanks

Fished the canal for over 20 years and bar in the basin very rarely done owt below Bacon Lane bridge. i know this may sound silly as the fish have free range but i'd concentrate on Woodbourne road onwards towards Tinsley.

As for the Don, not sure on areas that far North, would recommend salmon Pastures though, full of trout and grayling, as are most stretches.

Sounds like its worth a go. Theyve re done that little area opposite erwin mitchel to, looks quite nice, any idea on wheres best to get maggots from?

Dunno mate, had all my tackle nicked in a burglary and didn't have the heart to replace it, so not up on the scene now. :(

Archived