Syria megathread- is British government desperate for another war?

Military action in Syria ?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Military action in Syria ?

• None at all.
    • Limited air/cruise missile strikes.
    • As much, including ground troops, as is needed.

All we know about Saddam is what we have been told by people making a case to go borrow his oil.

We will never hear his side of the story that is fact,and there is ALWAYS 2 sides

You apologise for tyrants and murderers if you want to. I'm not joining you.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

I don't see much difference wbetween Bush, Blair, Saddam or Assad to be fair. Killing your own people isn't any different to killing others.

Anyway good guy Putin sorted it all out so Obama is now saying watch out Iran let this be a lesson to you. Lol.

As for going into Iraq with good intentions, ********. They went in for oil.

I don't see much difference wbetween Bush, Blair, Saddam or Assad to be fair. Killing your own people isn't any different to killing others.

Anyway good guy Putin sorted it all out so Obama is now saying watch out Iran let this be a lesson to you. Lol.

As for going into Iraq with good intentions, ********. They went in for oil.

So why on earth am I paying £1.40 odd for a litre of diesel? If it was for oil it would cost less wouldnt it? I do know the Chinese have the oil rights in Afghanistan and they didn't fire a shot - just gave the afghans a load of money.

You apologise for tyrants and murderers if you want to. I'm not joining you.

My mrs friend is an Iraqi woman who fled here in 2003 with her daughter, she has family still in Iraq and has told me that life in Iraq was better under Saddam Hussain than what it is now.

Sometimes it better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 23:08 ----------

Me too.

As for Cameron and Obama, they may have their faults but murderous tyrants they are not.

What's your opinion on Bush and Bliar?

Bush didn't kill all that many. He deposed a dictator and afterwards a sectarian war broke out in Iraq which is the real reason that so many have died and continue to do so to this day.

They could have killed Saddam anytime...or done a deal with his willing generals but that would not have resulted in Bush's strategic aims...the lawless chaos you see today. So yes Bush removed Saddam with 'Shock and awe' 1,000,000 high tech bombs wiping out 75% of building and resulting in over 60% civilian deaths mainly women and children. To understand 'Shock and awe' and what TNT they dumped on IRAQ speak to the war veterans....they were sent to fight a just war but found out it was not a war....it was wholesale killing of civilians...anything that moved!

The sectarian war was created by bush strategy....divide-and-conquer policy. This is the exact policy they have been using in Syria.

a lot of people say that what’s going on in Iraq now is not so much the result of the U.S. invasion but rather sectarian war between Sunnis and Shias. Could you respond to that? Do you agree?

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/3/20/dahr_jamail_returns_to_iraq_to

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/9933587/The-myth-of-shock-and-awe-why-the-Iraqi-invasion-was-a-disaster.html

They could have killed Saddam anytime...or done a deal with his willing generals but that would not have resulted in Bush's strategic aims...the lawless chaos you see today. So yes Bush removed Saddam with 'Shock and awe' 1,000,000 high tech bombs wiping out 75% of building and resulting in over 60% civilian deaths mainly women and children. To understand 'Shock and awe' and what TNT they dumped on IRAQ speak to the war veterans....they were sent to fight a just war but found out it was not a war....it was wholesale killing of civilians...anything that moved!

The sectarian war was created by bush strategy....divide-and-conquer policy. This is the exact policy they have been using in Syria.

a lot of people say that what’s going on in Iraq now is not so much the result of the U.S. invasion but rather sectarian war between Sunnis and Shias. Could you respond to that? Do you agree?

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/3/20/dahr_jamail_returns_to_iraq_to

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/9933587/The-myth-of-shock-and-awe-why-the-Iraqi-invasion-was-a-disaster.html

What veterans? There were so called veterans by the score just after Vietnam war ended going around claiming that the US forces killed babies and ate them. Any loudmouth with an agenda can go to an army surplus store and get a jungle green combat outfit complete with diivison badges sewn on..

The Iraqis had every chance to move ahead together after Saddam's fall. The US had more money to put into Iraq than it did on domestic programs but the Shia decided to settle old scores with the Sunnis and from there it gradually blew up into a near civil war.

Stop making excuses for people with minds dominated by religion and age old bigotry.

The Germans and the Japanese didnt start killing each other in 1945

Maybe it's time the Arab League called in people from outside to administer these scewed up countries once again

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 22:36 ----------

All we know about Saddam is what we have been told by people making a case to go borrow his oil.

We will never hear his side of the story that is fact,and there is ALWAYS 2 sides..

What we do know is the Iraq is alot worse off now than it was before we started cowerdly dropping bombs and a lot more people have lost their lifes there as a result than they ever did under Saddam.

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 20:59 ----------

Syria will be the same,we ARE going after the oil and people ARE going to die as a result.But it wont matter because its unlikley it will be one of our family members,just something heavily edited to watch on TV.

Do you have a list of the number of people killed by Saddam?

My mrs friend is an Iraqi woman who fled here in 2003 with her daughter, she has family still in Iraq and has told me that life in Iraq was better under Saddam Hussain than what it is now.

I'll bet a million pounds that your wife's friend isn't a kurd.

I shall also say that of course Iraq has problems. It's a hotbed of people fighting for power, like a lot of the Middle East. The only stability in the area comes from tyranny, like Iran and Saudi Arabia. That's no justification for Saddam staying in power though. Like it was no justification for Mubarak, or Gadafi either.

I don't regret Britain's involvement in removing Saddam Hussein. It's just a shame it had to be done on the back of Blair's misinformation.

I know which of those I'd rather live under, which tells me the difference.

Well obviously, because two of them murder people in other countries and the other two murder their own people. They are both still murderers.

It's like saying you would rather be Jack the Ripper's kid instead of Joseph Fritzl. :hihi: