An 80's glam night....

Strix

A friend is trying to decide which city to spend her birthday in, and the essential ingredient for the night is some late 80's glam:banana::headbang:

It'll be a saturday night in the middle of May, so shall I tell her Sheffield is a good place to be, or can anybody recommend anything better?

I love Razor Stiletto, but it plays about 2 or 3 80s glam rock tracks if you're lucky.

I'd stick with Corporation (starting off maybe in The Moorfoot or Nelson) as the biggest room is host to mostly 70s and 80s rock. Plenty glam (esp the first couple ofn hours) You can expect to hear Poison, Cinderella, GNR, Skidrow, Ratt etc etc.

Alternatively - Nottingham Rock City is fantastic on a saturday, and it also has a classic rock room.

Glam rock, you say ?

Well, I'm not aware of any places in Sheffield that solely do this type of music... esp on a Sat night.

However, I did went to see a glam rock tribute band in Moathouse Hotel before for a colleague's hen night ! It was quite cool, actually. ;) I would try and ring around hotels and things to see if they do any kind of nights like that, if your mate is interested.

Btw, you can always see listings of events in the Guardian on a weekend. It definitely covers Sheffield. As well as the Sheffield Telegraph. Other than that, if it's a large group of people, I'd probably try and find a DJ that plays this type of music and hire a private function room.

Thanks for the offer Bago :)

Was it actually a 70's glam band though? I've never come across a tribute band for an 80's rock band (well, I suppose ther must be a Guns n' Roses one somewhere, and Queen were about through both decades)

Archived