An 80's glam night....

Strix

I've just started putting on bands at the Moorfoot, so to hear the pre recorded stuff means waiting for intervals for me to stick the glam stuff on. You might enjoy listening to Blitz on 25th March, they play all the good old sing along rock, not really glam but you'll know all the tunes.

A friend is trying to decide which city to spend her birthday in, and the essential ingredient for the night is some late 80's glam:banana::headbang:

It'll be a saturday night in the middle of May, so shall I tell her Sheffield is a good place to be, or can anybody recommend anything better?

whats 80's glam:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

whats 80's glam:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You may know it better as hair metal - spandex, big hair, silk scarfs - posion, motley crue etc etc - it was massive in sheffield in the mid/late 80s where Roxys would pull in 2000 people on a monday night to its monthly rock night.

Lets Rock!

You may know it better as hair metal - spandex, big hair, silk scarfs - posion, motley crue etc etc - it was massive in sheffield in the mid/late 80s where Roxys would pull in 2000 people on a monday night to its monthly rock night.

Lets Rock!

ah right got ya,i got slightly confused as ive always assosiated "glam" with the 70's

Oh dear, this is where I'm poo at music trivia.

Well, if I recall, the band had black hair, sparkling spandex, painted white faces, heavy eye make-ups and sang songs like 'Spirits in the Sky' ?? (Wasn't that an 80's song ? Even I remember that on TOTP. lol. ) I've no idea whether they're meant to be a 70s band or an 80s one. But it was a fun night cos all the ladies (i.e. female managers/secretaries etc) was oggling at the singers, and almost stripping as well ! :D

A friend is trying to decide which city to spend her birthday in, and the essential ingredient for the night is some late 80's glam:banana::headbang:

It'll be a saturday night in the middle of May, so shall I tell her Sheffield is a good place to be, or can anybody recommend anything better?

No doubt about it try the Corporation on Saturday night -Res Rox big room, not biased but I do the night, it can vary from genre to genre, but by far and away the most popular stuff we play is Glam,Sleaze, Hard Rock - Motley Crue, Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Pretty Boy Flloyd, GnR, Cinderella, Tigertailz, Quireboys, Skid Row, Hanoi Rocks, Aerosmith etc etc etc. Genrally a good laugh and the booze is good too. Tell your mate we also have poles on the stage so if she's feeling particularly flexible, she can have a go. Best Regards.

RICE:thumbsup:

No doubt about it try the Corporation on Saturday night -Res Rox big room, not biased but I do the night, it can vary from genre to genre, but by far and away the most popular stuff we play is Glam,Sleaze, Hard Rock - Motley Crue, Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Pretty Boy Flloyd, GnR, Cinderella, Tigertailz, Quireboys, Skid Row, Hanoi Rocks, Aerosmith etc etc etc. Genrally a good laugh and the booze is good too. Tell your mate we also have poles on the stage so if she's feeling particularly flexible, she can have a go. Best Regards.

RICE:thumbsup:

I know this may be a bit of a dumb question but I haven't been in years so...Do you still play Firehouse 'Don't treat me bad' in Res Rocks?? I love that song!!:thumbsup:

Archived