An 80's glam night....

Strix

No doubt about it try the Corporation on Saturday night -Res Rox big room, not biased but I do the night, it can vary from genre to genre, but by far and away the most popular stuff we play is Glam,Sleaze, Hard Rock - Motley Crue, Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Pretty Boy Flloyd, GnR, Cinderella, Tigertailz, Quireboys, Skid Row, Hanoi Rocks, Aerosmith etc etc etc. Genrally a good laugh and the booze is good too. Tell your mate we also have poles on the stage so if she's feeling particularly flexible, she can have a go. Best Regards.

RICE:thumbsup:

OOoooohhhhhhh!!!!! Corp it has to be then :thumbsup:

*Goes to ferret in back of wardrobe in the vain hope of finding an appropriate outfit that still fits *

I know this may be a bit of a dumb question but I haven't been in years so...Do you still play Firehouse 'Don't treat me bad' in Res Rocks?? I love that song!!:thumbsup:

Yes still play that one and loads other dumb ass eighties **** rock:thumbsup:

Yes still play that one and loads other dumb ass eighties **** rock:thumbsup:

Lol, marvellous!!!:thumbsup:

Don't suppose there's any chance of getting some Rancid played on a Saturday is there?? (or would Friday be the required night for that??!!):) - actually, seeing as there's probably only me that would get up and dance to it, scratch that!!(I've seen it happen at Corp before where only one person likes something enough to dance - it made me cringe just watching it, especially when the song got pulled halfway through!!:P )

Lol, marvellous!!!:thumbsup:

Don't suppose there's any chance of getting some Rancid played on a Saturday is there?? (or would Friday be the required night for that??!!):) - actually, seeing as there's probably only me that would get up and dance to it, scratch that!!(I've seen it happen at Corp before where only one person likes something enough to dance - it made me cringe just watching it, especially when the song got pulled halfway through!!:P )

We are trying to add a little more variety on Saturday nights - not at all getting rid of the 80's/70's rock but also adding newer and more alternative stuff like, FNM, RHCP, Linkin Park, Audioslave, Greenday etc - Stuff that whilst not cutting edge has the relevance to a general rock night. But regarding Rancid - Friday night not a problem at all getting it played, Saturday might be a little harder - but ask me and we can see whose down and if the times right - you never know (likely to be Timb Bomb though).

Cheers:headbang:

We are trying to add a little more variety on Saturday nights - not at all getting rid of the 80's/70's rock but also adding newer and more alternative stuff like, FNM, RHCP, Linkin Park, Audioslave, Greenday etc - Stuff that whilst not cutting edge has the relevance to a general rock night. But regarding Rancid - Friday night not a problem at all getting it played, Saturday might be a little harder - but ask me and we can see whose down and if the times right - you never know (likely to be Timb Bomb though).

Cheers:headbang:

Cool, thanks - Time Bomb would do nicely!!:thumbsup:

Trying to change Reservoir Rocks somewhat has been mooted for a good few years hasn't it (even going back to when I worked there!!), but it's never really happened (must be all those old glam rockers stuck in their ways!!:P ), but good luck at trying to get some more 'general' stuff played too!:headbang:

Don't change it !!! It's always REALLY busy, and people go there coz they like the old stuff !!

I know Res Rocks is always busy and you're pretty much guaranteed a great night out because everyone knows what is gonna be played and there is something to be said for 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' BUT I think it's the only room/club night there that never really has/ has had any variety. Penny to a pound the playlist is pretty much the same as the last time I went, which is almost four years ago now.

Surely there has to come a point where they HAVE to start introducing some new songs (if only for the DJ's sanity!!;):P ) as all the other rooms constantly evolve with what's popular now as well as choosing from a selection of past good stuff - why does Reservoir Rocks 'have' to stay stuck in it's own little niche (not that it's a particularly bad niche - I love Res Rocks, always have done, always will do) but surely a few different tunes will only make it better!!??:D:cool:

• 2 months later...

It's the 17th June. Def Leppard are playing the arena that night, so will town be a bit quiet at these venues?

What bands are on elsewhere?

Does anybody recommend the route we should crawl through town?

Archived