Sheffield Speed Camera - Not a money maker

What annoys me most whilst driving down the Parkway at the speed limit of 50 MPH is being passed by obviously speeding motorists and watching them timidly slow down to 40 immediately before the camera.

No doubt continuing to break the limits again when out of range.

There should be average speed checks to combat this..I reckon, or place yellow boxes (empty or not) every 100 yards and let motorists try and second guess which of them have working cameras in them.

God no, all they do is cause over reaction and people slow right down to well below the limit.

God no, all they do is cause over reaction and people slow right down to well below the limit.

yeah. 10mph under the limit approaching the camera, 10mph over the limit after it.

but on average, your speed is perfect, carry on regardless.

Nah! more a case of averaging 40 throughout a 60 limit.

well, yeah, that is annoying. the trick is, not getting annoyed because that destroys the mpg. (i'm regularly getting 50+mpg now, even on short journeys)

but i was pointing out that average speed cameras are not the answer either

well, yeah, that is annoying. the trick is, not getting annoyed because that destroys the mpg. (i'm regularly getting 50+mpg now, even on short journeys)

but i was pointing out that average speed cameras are not the answer either

I don't get wound up about it, I'm just perplexed that a simple rule is so misunderstood but hey!.....

But only because there is an endless stream of foolish motorists willing to feed it.

Exactly. It's fiscal neo-Darwinism. The foolish shall be parted from their cash. And quite right too.

Car drivers, the solution is easy. DRIVE PROPERLY YOU *$£!@#!! IDIOTS!

Archived