Jamie Oliver Says British Workers 'Whinge'

They can live 8 to a room, work all the hours God sends, and then return to their homeland with a veritable fortune in their pockets. British people do not have the option to do this.

This may be the case, but JO is talking about youth that are still living at home that turn down work.

'Some British kids are spoilt – why should they bust their nuts working for £3.72 an hour when parental handouts for doing diddly squat are readily on tap?

Immigrant workers are hungry for work and they’ll work until they drop because they need the money.'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fiona-phillips-jamie-olivers-immigration-2239683

I agree, I was responding to Mister Ms middle class bashing post. What is middle class anyway, there is either working class or upper class who don't have to work, and the underclass who choose not to work. Middle class is just working class people with a bit of snobbishness thrown in.

No, it's people who have to work, who have a certain level of education, income, certain professions, etc... It's not a very difficult to concept to understand, it's never meant people who didn't need to work.

People who come to this country looking for work are just that workers!

The lazy ones stay at home.

British people working abroad have a good reputation for being knowledgeable and willing.

The lazy ones stay at home.

That is the point. Or more precisely, the lazy ones stay at home or get sent home. Most British workers who are in employment do a fair job. The problem for restauranteurs is a good portion of the ones who are on the jobs market are there for a reason, and doing hard work in a restaurant isn't likely to be on their chosen agenda.

Is Oliver is looking for workers who will work stupid hours (100 hours a week) in horrible conditions (sometimes 50 celicius) conditions Not stand up for themselves. And not complain about it. Then yes immigrant workers are the best way to go.

Probably the biggest Shame about Oliver's is that I always considered him a ambassador for the let down youth in our country shame he seems to have gone the way he has.

Is Oliver is looking for workers who will work stupid hours (100 hours a week) in horrible conditions (sometimes 50 celicius) conditions Not stand up for themselves. And not complain about it. Then yes immigrant workers are the best way to go.

Probably the biggest Shame about Oliver's is that I always considered him a ambassador for the let down youth in our country shame he seems to have gone the way he has.

You just made that up, didn't you?

Archived