Jamie Oliver Says British Workers 'Whinge'

Jamie Oliver Says British Workers 'Whinge'

How ironic since I've never known anyone whinge as much as Jamie Oliver

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 08:00 ----------

People who come to this country looking for work are just that workers!

The lazy ones stay at home.

British people working abroad have a good reputation for being knowledgeable and willing.

The lazy ones stay at home.

No, foreigners are just like British people in-so-much- that some of them want to work and some don't. Foreigners are not all hardworking. I have no evidence of this, but I suppose those foreigners working for less than the NMW are those working in the family or friends' businesses. If they do work for less per hour, it'll be because they are exploited and can afford to do so by living together and by being looked after until they gain settlement.

No, foreigners are just like British people in-so-much- that some of them want to work and some don't. Foreigners are not all hardworking. I have no evidence of this, but I suppose those foreigners working for less than the NMW are those working in the family or friends' businesses. If they do work for less per hour, it'll be because they are exploited and can afford to do so by living together and by being looked after until they gain settlement.

Or the ones who are prepared to come from Eastern Europe and work in restaurants for more than the NMW doing jobs that their British counterparts seem to consider beneath them as Jamie Oliver said.

Or the ones who are prepared to come from Eastern Europe and work in restaurants for more than the NMW doing jobs that their British counterparts seem to consider beneath them as Jamie Oliver said.

I think, like most people, you got the wrong end of the stick

Todays youth do not want to get their hands dirty, do not want to work more that 20 hours per week, do not want to do any kind of physical work and want £300 plus for doing nothing. Up to my 40s both my wife and myself were working 68 hours per week seven days per week, we still went out every night and we were never late for work. Our normal hours were 39, but we were always busy so we worked over to get orders out.

Todays youth do not want to get their hands dirty, do not want to work more that 20 hours per week, do not want to do any kind of physical work and want £300 plus for doing nothing. Up to my 40s both my wife and myself were working 68 hours per week seven days per week, we still went out every night and we were never late for work. Our normal hours were 39, but we were always busy so we worked over to get orders out.

Where's the evidence to support your claim?

Where's the evidence to support your claim?

Last week the BBC News were interviewing out of work youths who pretty much confirmed it. The program was about folk from Eastern Europe coming here and taking jobs, but most of the British youths had turned down the work that the imported workers were doing because they thought it beneath them. Jobs were like working in fast food restaurants, supermarkets, vegetable & fruit picking etc.

Archived