Jamie Oliver Says British Workers 'Whinge'

When was the last time you saw an english cabbie?

Most of these guys in the little corner shops seem to be of foreign origin.

I'm not complaining about them.

I'm praising them as they don't seem bothered about not sitting on their butts and watching TV all day long.

They don't seem to complain about working all hours and not going on strike 'cos of this or that.

I wonder how many are members of Unite?

When I was in Liverpool, but it's dangerously close to Wales, so you can't be too careful. It appears that most cabbies working for Hackney Carriage Co in Sheffield are of Asian decent, though they might be British. However, most of the Hackney drivers in Liverpool are white, but are they British? Do taxi drivers work harder than other people?

When was the last time you saw an english cabbie?

Most of these guys in the little corner shops seem to be of foreign origin.

I'm not complaining about them.

I'm praising them as they don't seem bothered about not sitting on their butts and watching TV all day long.

They don't seem to complain about working all hours and not going on strike 'cos of this or that.

I wonder how many are members of Unite?

A lot of white people probably feel deterred from becoming cabbies now because they perceive that its the domain of the Asian these days, the same with corner shops.

On the other hand the vast vast majority of couriers and posties are white, and when did you last see a black or Asian window cleaner?

A lot of white people probably feel deterred from becoming cabbies now because they perceive that its the domain of the Asian these days, the same with corner shops.

On the other hand the vast vast majority of couriers and posties are white, and when did you last see a black or Asian window cleaner?

My window cleaner is Asian, not sure about the post man as I've never seen him.

Because all he would have been doing was working, eating and sleeping, if he had said he did it for a couple of months I might believe him, but he says its was normal, therefor he did it continually, and I don't believe him.

I always worked at least a 12 hour day, I also worked a six day week and the occasional Sunday.

In my lifetime most people worked a 5 and half day week and 12 hour shifts were perfectly normal in industry. It is only in recent times, that 8 hours became the norm.

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 10:14 ----------

When I was in Liverpool, but it's dangerously close to Wales, so you can't be too careful. It appears that most cabbies working for Hackney Carriage Co in Sheffield are of Asian decent, though they might be British. However, most of the Hackney drivers in Liverpool are white, but are they British? Do taxi drivers work harder than other people?

Cabbies seem to put the hours in, they are mostly self employed so they need to work to earn, unlike those in public service for instance who merely need to turn up.

They have pretty much but as minimum wage in Rumania is 157 Euros a month they come here looking for a crap job in McDs that pays 8 times as much. But on the other hand the folk from this country that don't want the crap jobs over here can go there and get a much better job, but it won't be at half the rate they could get washing dishes for Jamie.

Its okay saying they probably earn eight times as much as they do in their own country, but if the cost of living in the UK is eight times as much then they are not really doing any better are they.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CAe4xqG2hCU/TAgzBfvc7kI/AAAAAAAABxY/ZY0R-zPVwoA/s400/A-Hansom-Cab-Stand,-1889-90.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.booktryst.com/2010/06/hansom-cab-murder-is-first-blockbuster.html&h=472&w=600&sz=72&tbnid=eet6yhIPail6BM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=114&zoom=1&usg=__JiCJMMaFYVBHvxILfXv5J7zMSck=&docid=w4ctk862s3uS2M&sa=X&ei=BRYfUte9LKrB0QWltoDYAQ&ved=0CFcQ9QEwBQ&dur=1938#imgdii=eet6yhIPail6BM%3A%3BtcanOMEETVefrM%3Beet6yhIPail6BM%3A

But surely there was a time when all the Hansom cabs were run by white British types. So at some point the first Asian taxi driver must have joined the white hoards.

Its okay saying they probably earn eight times as much as they do in their own country, but if the cost of living in the UK is eight times as much then they are not really doing any better are they.

They can live 8 to a room, work all the hours God sends, and then return to their homeland with a veritable fortune in their pockets. British people do not have the option to do this.

Archived