Jamie Oliver Says British Workers 'Whinge'

The fat tongued multi millionaire who has created about a thousand jobs?

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 18:15 ----------

Why not? What is unbelievable about the statement?

I've done it a few times and I don't think it's sustainable in the long term.

It leaves 11 hours to eat, sleep and have a life, it's very tiring.

But the figures are from the Office for National Statistics

And the article is on the TUC website with it's own slant on it, I will stick with my opinion because I don't fully believe statistics endorsed by the TUC or even that the ONC cover the whole range of employees in all areas of work and industries ...... like I said, if you choose to believe them, that's up to you !

I think he's right. I'm almost 40 and when I see the early twenty something's new to my job arguing with managers and trying to blag I'm amazed. I don't think they're lazy, just spoiled.

Does anyone else think this is Tony Blair's fault. The government of the day wanted everyone with a university degree, so when they come out of university and can't get the job they want, they just give up,because restaurant work is below them?

One thing I don't get though is what he's got against cheese and chips.Potatoes and cheese have been a good staple diet for years,when did they become an unhealthy diet? He advocates pasta. I once spent two weeks in Italy eating a lot of pasta and came back over half a stone heavier. Never happened with chips.

Does anyone else think this is Tony Blair's fault. The government of the day wanted everyone with a university degree, so when they come out of university and can't get the job they want, they just give up,because restaurant work is below them?

One thing I don't get though is what he's got against cheese and chips.Potatoes and cheese have been a good staple diet for years,when did they become an unhealthy diet? He advocates pasta. I once spent two weeks in Italy eating a lot of pasta and came back over half a stone heavier. Never happened with chips.

Chips and cheese have always been unhealthy.

As far as applications to Universities are concerned, it seems a bit easy to blame politicians. There was already a desire of the children of the middle classes to go to university. Perhaps if there were the jobs there in the first place, some students wouldn't have bothered with Uni.

I guess there is a disparity between what some middle class people want for their children, and the fact that much of what is available are low pay and long hours in kitchens which they may percieve as for other people's children

Middle class middle class blah blah blah

And your point is? People in 'middle class' occupations contribute plenty to this country's coffers, if it wasn't for them then our benefits system would be in a far worse mess than currently. The middle classes encompass a huge swathe of the population, and whether you like it or not, you have probably benefited from them being around. Unless of course you never went to school; never needed a doctor; never bought a house and used a solicitor.

Those are just some examples of the type of middle class occupations that most of us have come into regular contact with.

Archived