Jamie Oliver Says British Workers 'Whinge'

As far as applications to Universities are concerned, it seems a bit easy to blame politicians. There was already a desire of the children of the middle classes to go to university. Perhaps if there were the jobs there in the first place, some students wouldn't have bothered with Uni.

I guess there is a disparity between what some middle class people want for their children, and the fact that much of what is available are low pay and long hours in kitchens which they may percieve as for other people's children

Could you define middle class please?

And your point is? People in 'middle class' occupations contribute plenty to this country's coffers, if it wasn't for them then our benefits system would be in a far worse mess than currently. The middle classes encompass a huge swathe of the population, and whether you like it or not, you have probably benefited from them being around. Unless of course you never went to school; never needed a doctor; never bought a house and used a solicitor.

Those are just some examples of the type of middle class occupations that most of us have come into regular contact with.

I agree, I was responding to Mister Ms middle class bashing post. What is middle class anyway, there is either working class or upper class who don't have to work, and the underclass who choose not to work. Middle class is just working class people with a bit of snobbishness thrown in.

I agree, but there are people who are unable to give any credibility to anyone they 'don't like'.

never a truer word said. :)

people can be so blinkered when they have already formed an opinion of someone. Jamie Oliver could sell all his properties and give all his cash to help the poor / homeless and they would still hate him

It's known and documented fact that public sector workers do more unpaid hours overtime than those in the private sector.

I have never worked for nothing, however every hour that I have worked I have produced.

You will now wish to inform me of the productivity of the Public sector.

I have never worked for nothing, however every hour that I have worked I have produced.

I work with the Public Sector, a team of 7 employees had 4 managers. All managing the same team. :loopy:

I agree, I was responding to Mister Ms middle class bashing post. What is middle class anyway, there is either working class or upper class who don't have to work, and the underclass who choose not to work. Middle class is just working class people with a bit of snobbishness thrown in.

Hang on I wasn't even bashing the middle class! It seems a bit unfair to have a go at me where similar threads about people who eat cheese and chips, and lack British Grit attract far more vitriol

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 14:48 ----------

Why would I want to do that?

I work with the Public Sector, a team of 7 employees had 4 managers. All managing the same team. :loopy:

Thank you, the tragedy is that it is expensive and the people cannot feel any sense of job satisfaction knowing as clearly you do that the system is hopeless.

Archived