Sheffield Council's 1.2 Million Profits from Parking Permits!

Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?

You show your lack of knowledge there...

It was not a poll, or a ballot, it was a CONsultation. The figures per street were never released, it was done at a time when a large proportion of residents were not there, the questions asked were ambiguous and distorted - the results could be taken either way - and a lack of response was not counted as a negative opinion as many people were led to believe it would be.

Basically, it was a stitch up.

Even now, the areas are being further stitched up by the subdiviion of these scheme areas.

If you were asked "Would you like a scheme where your permit allows you to park on your street, and only your street, and there will be twice as many permits issued as there are places?", would you vote for it? Of course not. But by the subdivision of the schemes as is happening, without scheme wide consultation, this is in effect what is going on.

DON'T VOTE FOR THESE SCHEMES - they are just about income generation.

Now now, enough with the tantrums and put your toys back in your pram.

Yes I would register my vote and that vote would be in favour since I have a double-wide driveway and only need space for one vehicle. My next door neighbour would most likely vote in favour too, since I allow him to use the spare space at no cost (it's called being neighbourly, although confusing for his insurance company lol)

Now now, enough with the tantrums and put your toys back in your pram.

Yes I would register my vote and that vote would be in favour since I have a double-wide driveway and only need space for one vehicle. My next door neighbour would most likely vote in favour too, since I allow him to use the spare space at no cost (it's called being neighbourly, although confusing for his insurance company lol)

Well, that's okay - you'd be sorted, that's a relief, never mind the rest.

By the way, what about the liability insurance for his car on your property - who is paying that?

Well, that's okay - you'd be sorted, that's a relief, never mind the rest.

By the way, what about the liability insurance for his car on your property - who is paying that?

His insurers, which is why it's slightly confusing for the insurance company when he tells them it is parked next door when they asked where it's usually parked overnight. ;)

Unfortunately there aren't minutes of the meeting in which it was inferred...

The council held an open meeting and kept no minutes - strange isn't it?

if there weren't any minutes then how do you know something was inferred? If i were all that interested and if it had any effect on me i'd like to bet there are minutes to be found somewhere even if that meant going to the council and asking to see them.

maybe if people who live in PPZ and yet still find it difficult to park near their house they should be suggesting to the council that they limit the number of permits any one house can have. However it'd be a very brave council to do that as then a small but very vocal minority of motorists would be up in arms squawking about the council that hates cars.

Unfortunately there aren't minutes of the meeting in which it was inferred...

The council held an open meeting and kept no minutes - strange isn't it?

Well I was there and nothing of the kind was inferred.

---------- Post added 02-09-2013 at 23:30 ----------

If i were all that interested and if it had any effect on me i'd like to bet there are minutes to be found somewhere even if that meant going to the council and asking to see them.

The type of meeting that he's talking about (Area Forum) was never minuted in great detail, there were just notes taken.

A request he made was not recorded in the notes. He's never stopped going on about it since (it was seven years ago)

I was there, I noted it and it was considered.

I'm not sure if I want to ask this as it may cause even more of a rumpus with some people claiming the council are trying to hide something but I think I will anyway. So unlike minutes notes do not have to be agreed upon as being a true and accurate rrecord of a meeting, how unfortunate or his objection could of been raised then

The type of meeting that he's talking about (Area Forum) was never minuted in great detail, there were just notes taken.

A request he made was not recorded in the notes. He's never stopped going on about it since (it was seven years ago)

In other words all he has is hearsay and his own recollection of events which, given his extremely heavy bias, is 'untrustworthy' at best.

Basically he's ******* in the wind with his accusations and insinuations.

In other words all he has is hearsay and his own recollection of events which, given his extremely heavy bias, is 'untrustworthy' at best.

Basically he's ******* in the wind with his accusations and insinuations.

Thanks for that valuable contribution to the thread.

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 07:49 ----------

If that is so, why, despite many requests, have the council never been able to find any notes from the meeting?

And here again, you admit that you heard it and noted it...