Sheffield Council's 1.2 Million Profits from Parking Permits!

Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?

He then resorted to threatening a vulnerable old man. A far more serious crime which CEO’s often resort to.

What you call a technicality is unlawfully issuing PCN's. Which has categorically been the case for thousands of decent ordinary citizens

Do "vulnerable old men" make a habit of going out to Parking Services office, taking photos of CEO's vehicles and checking whether they have been used recently? Is that what passes for amusement among such folk? Doesn't sound like the actions of a "vulnerable" person to me.

There are many times when whether or not to issue a PCN is a judgement call for the CEO. Occasionally they get it wrong, they are human. Occasionally there is a procedural error (wrong contravention code etc), sometimes there can be an issue with the legal order or the paperwork around the PCN etc. These are mostly human errors, not deliberate acts to "unlawfully" issue a PCN. There is a fair and transparent appeals process for anyone who feels they are unfairly penalised.

Do "vulnerable old men" make a habit of going out to Parking Services office, taking photos of CEO's vehicles and checking whether they have been used recently? Is that what passes for amusement among such folk? Doesn't sound like the actions of a "vulnerable" person to me.

There are many times when whether or not to issue a PCN is a judgement call for the CEO. Occasionally they get it wrong, they are human. Occasionally there is a procedural error (wrong contravention code etc), sometimes there can be an issue with the legal order or the paperwork around the PCN etc. These are mostly human errors, not deliberate acts to "unlawfully" issue a PCN. There is a fair and transparent appeals process for anyone who feels they are unfairly penalised.

Not so long ago on these threads you were posting photo's of street kerbs on Dudley Road at Hillsbro to try and prove a sign post location.

Your measuring skills are suspect to say the least along with your attack on others who prefer to use photographic evidence to substantiate a point of view.

Perhaps this is what passes as amusement in your sad sad job.

Edited by cuttsie

Yes we do actually, and carrying his gut does not count as unloading. A old friend of mine took these pictures and the van had no driver, the bonnet was stone cold, as stated, the CEO then parked his 4X4 on a single yellow line during times of operation over the kerb and pavement which causes an obstruction to pedestrians and vulnerable road users. Something one would assume they would be aware of?

He then resorted to threatening a vulnerable old man. A far more serious crime which CEO’s often resort to.

What you call a technicality is unlawfully issuing PCN's. Which has categorically been the case for thousands of decent ordinary citizens.

---------- Post added 18-02-2014 at 04:33 ----------

The more corrupt a council parking service is, the more PCN's they will issue. Thousands of ordinary decent motorists have simply had enough of their BS and are peacefully exposing these nasty bullies for whom they really are.

QUOTE]

what was the outcome when you made an official complaint about this incident ?

i take it you did make an offical complaint, you could have asked to speak to the ceo's supervisor who would have been in the office at Garden Street.

what happened when you did?

The more corrupt a council parking service is, the more PCN's they will issue. Thousands of ordinary decent motorists have simply had enough of their BS and are peacefully exposing these nasty bullies for whom they really are.

Surely councils wouldnt resort to dodgy practices to fleece motorists out of money to top up council funds. They would never resort to such underhand ,snide tactics would they ?

Not so long ago on these threads you were posting photo's of street kerbs on Dudley Road at Hillsbro to try and prove a sign post location.

Your measuring skills are suspect to say the least along with your attack on others who prefer to use photographic evidence to substantiate a point of view.

Perhaps this is what passes as amusement in your sad sad job.

My measuring skills are fine thanks, much better it turned out than those of the person who raised the issue of the distance of the sign from the junction from the junction.

I can also count the kerbs in photographic images, they mostly the same length, also white lines in the centre of the road have a standard length and gap, so it's quite easy to estimate distance when you know what to look for. (there are also various online utilities which help of course)

My measuring skills are fine thanks, much better it turned out than those of the person who raised the issue of the distance of the sign from the junction from the junction.

I can also count the kerbs in photographic images, they mostly the same length, also white lines in the centre of the road have a standard length and gap, so it's quite easy to estimate distance when you know what to look for. (there are also various online utilities which help of course)

And so what are the size of the kerbs on Dudley Road?

Same size as everywhere else

---------- Post added 19-02-2014 at 00:35 ----------

And still the same size as I told you they were on that thread.

Same size as everywhere else

---------- Post added 19-02-2014 at 00:35 ----------

And still the same size as I told you they were on that thread.

I have forgotten, what size did you say they are.?

By the way, I notice that you are selective as to your reply.

What have you say with regard to you yourself taking photo's to prove your point.

You were soon onto the pensioners back when he provided photographic evidence saying it was a pity he had nothing better to do.

Double standards or what.

Just had another look your words are= I suppose that this passes as amusement for some folk! Oh dear and this from a public servant what ever next.

Edited by cuttsie

I have forgotten, what size did you say they are.?

By the way, I notice that you are selective as to your reply.

What have you say with regard to you yourself taking photo's to prove your point.

You were soon onto the pensioners back when he provided photographic evidence saying it was a pity he had nothing better to do.

Double standards or what.

Just had another look your words are= I suppose that this passes as amusement for some folk! Oh dear and this from a public servant what ever next.

It was addressed to you, don't you read the replies?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10268627&postcount=89