Sheffield Council's 1.2 Million Profits from Parking Permits!

Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?

Stop picking on pensioners it's the second time this week tha's done it.

If pensioners want to pick an argument, I'm happy to give them one.

My question to Dentzler and you is how can you describe someone as "vulnerable" who makes it their buisiness to go around photographing Council employees coming and goig to their place of work and checking whethr thier vehicles have been moved recently?

These don't sound to me like the actions of a "vulnerable" person to me, Their Pepipoo forum name - "Feckless Scrounger" doesn't inspire confidence either.

Just because someone is drawing a pension, it doesn't mean they are "vulnerable" or need to be treated with kid gloves (especially when they are going out actively seeking confrontatuional situaltions)

Is querying someone's motivations picking on them?

My question to Dentzler and you is how can you describe someone as "vulnerable" who makes it their buisiness to go around photographing Council employees coming and goig to their place of work and checking whethr thier vehicles have been moved recently?

These don't sound to me like the actions of a "vulnerable" person to me, Their Pepipoo forum name - "Feckless Scrounger" doesn't inspire confidence either.

Just because someone is drawing a pension, it doesn't mean they are "vulnerable" or need to be treated with kid gloves (especially when they are going out actively seeking confrontatuional situaltions)

Yet again you develop your non-sequiteur to an advanced degree...

There is nothing to suppose that someone who is vulnerable cannot take pictures. In fact, we are surrounded by CCTV cameras which are there to protect the vulnerable.

You have not suggested that you have knowledge about this person other than from the posts, whereas from the context of the post, it is suggested that at least one of the posters against who you rail does.

So once again, Planner, could you stick to the facts?

Like how can SCC justify the introduction of higher parking charges when their figures are as follows;

Sharrowvale 2010-2011

Income £659896

Expenditure £507552

Sharrowvale 2011-2012

Income £782817 (+18% on 2010)

Expenditure £472147 (-7% of 2010)

Yet again you develop your non-sequiteur to an advanced degree...

There is nothing to suppose that someone who is vulnerable cannot take pictures. In fact, we are surrounded by CCTV cameras which are there to protect the vulnerable.

You have not suggested that you have knowledge about this person other than from the posts, whereas from the context of the post, it is suggested that at least one of the posters against who you rail does.

So once again, Planner, could you stick to the facts?

Like how can SCC justify the introduction of higher parking charges when their figures are as follows;

Sharrowvale 2010-2011

Income £659896

Expenditure £507552

Sharrowvale 2011-2012

Income £782817 (+18% on 2010)

Expenditure £472147 (-7% of 2010)

The response i got when i questioned the council making large profit from the parking tax was there is more cost to the scheme than just issuing permits..................... The usual council flannel and spin .

• 1 month later...
Do "vulnerable old men" make a habit of going out to Parking Services office, taking photos of CEO's vehicles and checking whether they have been used recently? Is that what passes for amusement among such folk? Doesn't sound like the actions of a "vulnerable" person to me.

There are many times when whether or not to issue a PCN is a judgement call for the CEO. Occasionally they get it wrong, they are human. Occasionally there is a procedural error (wrong contravention code etc), sometimes there can be an issue with the legal order or the paperwork around the PCN etc. These are mostly human errors, not deliberate acts to "unlawfully" issue a PCN. There is a fair and transparent appeals process for anyone who feels they are unfairly penalised.

Talk about twisting things, but then you are parking services.

He was meeting his grand son after band practice, and having a mental health problem does make you vulnerable but not incapable of taking photos of illegally parked vehicles.

They routinely lie and the appeals process heavily favours councils parking services.

Talk about twisting things, but then you are parking services.

He was meeting his grand son after band practice, and having a mental health problem does make you vulnerable but not incapable of taking photos of illegally parked vehicles.

They routinely lie and the appeals process heavily favours councils parking services.

Isn't it sad that the council appear to be paying people to make excuses for their failings on this forum rather than spend the money where it might do some good?

The band practice users regularly see Parking Services vehicles and staff illegally parked, his son uploaded the pictures. Sheffield Parking services staff should be pleased there is clear photographic evidence showing illegally parked vehicles? Not threatening the citizens whom help them?

And as for Parking services occasionally getting it wrong care to explain.

And can you address just one of the youtube / links in post 260? Or are they all 'mistakes'

---------- Post added 22-03-2014 at 00:53 ----------

Isn't it sad that the council appear to be paying people to make excuses for their failings on this forum rather than spend the money where it might do some good?

They are an absolute disgrace, one rule for one and one rule for.......

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=82215

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/parking-mad-wardens-leave-own-cars-all-day-in-limited-time-areas-while-giving-tickets-to-others-claim-1-3101254

And the more vulnerable you are the more these thugs will threaten and abuse you :(

Edited by Dentzler

The band practice users regularly see Parking Services vehicles and staff illegally parked, his son uploaded the pictures. Sheffield Parking services staff should be pleased there is clear photographic evidence showing illegally parked vehicles? Not threatening the citizens whom help them?

According to the captions on the link to the photos of Sheffield Parking Services vehicles parked outside their depot on single yellow lines, the photos were taken at 5pm on a Sunday.

Single yellow lines at that location only operate Monday to Saturday. It is perfectly legal to park on them at any time on Sundays. The vehicles are therefore legally parked and there is no issue.

There are so many of them wandering about, it's beyond what's reasonable, easy money for the Council.

of course, if people parked in the appropriate places rather than just where the fancy took them then the council would make no money at all and all the parking wardens would be made redundant.