Sheffield Council's 1.2 Million Profits from Parking Permits!

Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?

Yes very convenient to park your vehicles on Keep Clears and Single Yellows during its hours of operation.

So its just pure coincidence the CPZ starts again just round the corner?

You can park on a Keep Clear anytime you like, it has no legal standing.

As far as I am aware, no-one has actually made a complaint about the CEO's parking on SYL's. All we have seen are photos posted on an internet forum with an alleged date / time. Not exactly incontrovertible evidence, is it?

The CPZ started just around the corner long before Parking Services moved to that building, so yes, it is a coincidence.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 16:29 ----------

If they have off street parking how does it offer them any convenience?

Saves opening the security gate to go into the yard.

So having clear photographic evidence of vehicles parked on Keep Clear, another over a single yellow during its times of operation onto the pavement causing an obstruction to pedestrians and vulnerable road users is NOT conclusive evidence?

And Sheffield Parking Services say we can all park on Keep Clears and no PCN’s will be issued by the CEO’s? very interesting, could I have this in writing signed by Kevin Butt?

Is this article also inconclusive?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/parking-mad-wardens-leave-own-cars-all-day-in-limited-time-areas-while-giving-tickets-to-others-claim-1-3101254

Have all these PCN’s been lawfully issued?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

And I’ll ask again, do the links below show blatant unlawful nasty threatening bullying or just councils and CEO’s doing their jobs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3qPSd3CgB4&list=PL4lPQXbCPpsxFF9OFi-Hn3RWncBN7NJCB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728hictiu6w&list=PL4lPQXbCPpsxFF9OFi-Hn3RWncBN7NJCB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaynCTdi5AE&list=PL4lPQXbCPpsxFF9OFi-Hn3RWncBN7NJCB

I can post another 20+ links once you’ve satisfactory answered the above.

Edited by Dentzler

So having clear photographic evidence of vehicles parked on Keep Clear, another over a single yellow during its times of operation onto the pavement causing an obstruction to pedestrians and vulnerable road users is NOT conclusive evidence?

And Sheffield Parking Services say we can all park on Keep Clears and no PCN’s will be issued by the CEO’s? very interesting, could I have this in writing signed by Kevin Butt?

You have pointed to photos of vehicles parked on single yellow lines posted on an internet forum. The person who posted the photos says they were taken at a particular time.

No actual complaint has been made to the Council. There is no corroboration of what the person who posted them says.

People can park perfectly legally on yellow lines. The fact that somebody posts on an internet forum that the photos were taken at a time when the lines were operational is not conclusive evidence in anyone's books and would never stand up to scrutiny. No-one would receive a penalty as a result of such a photo, irrespective of whether they are a Council employee or not.

Keep clear markings and H markings are advisory and have no legal status at all. Check it out yourself if you don't believe me:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/about/ttaps/traffic-regulations/advisory-markings.html

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/about/ttaps/traffic-regulations.html

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 22:27 ----------

Have all these PCN’s been lawfully issued?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

And I’ll ask again, do the links below show blatant unlawful nasty threatening bullying or just councils and CEO’s doing their jobs?

You're positing on a Forum that is about Sheffield News and Discussions.

These links are not about Sheffield.

If you want to discuss them, perhaps you should take your questions to the general discussions forum.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

QUOTE]

You have pointed to photos of vehicles parked on single yellow lines posted on an internet forum. The person who posted the photos says they were taken at a particular time.

No actual complaint has been made to the Council. There is no corroboration of what the person who posted them says.

People can park perfectly legally on yellow lines. The fact that somebody posts on an internet forum that the photos were taken at a time when the lines were operational is not conclusive evidence in anyone's books and would never stand up to scrutiny. No-one would receive a penalty as a result of such a photo, irrespective of whether they are a Council employee or not.

Keep clear markings and H markings are advisory and have no legal status at all. Check it out yourself if you don't believe me:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/about/ttaps/traffic-regulations/advisory-markings.html

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/about/ttaps/traffic-regulations.html

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 22:27 ----------

You're positing on a Forum that is about Sheffield News and Discussions.

These links are not about Sheffield.

If you want to discuss them, perhaps you should take your questions to the general discussions forum.

You’ve continuously stated on this thread and others that council only ever make ‘mistakes’ they’re only human’ and no council is out to fleece motorists, so if this is true then why is it so difficult to challenge just one of the links above?

If my understanding is correct, if harm, injury, loss, harassment or fraud is proven then a law has been broken. Everything else is statues and acts, so disobeying an act / statue is a civil matter which I assume applies to nearly all parking violations?

Thanks for the link but as said, could Kevin Butt send me a signed letter stating CEO’s will not issue us PCN’s if we park on Keep Clears, and is parking over a single yellow during its hours operation over the kerb also exempt for us, or just for yourself, CEO’s and Parking Services staff?

Edited by Dentzler

You’ve continuously stated on this thread and others that council only ever make ‘mistakes’ they’re only human’ and no council is out to fleece motorists, so if this is true then why is it so difficult to challenge just one of the links above?

If my understanding is correct, if harm, injury, loss, harassment or fraud is proven then a law has been broken. Everything else is statues and acts, so disobeying an act / statue is a civil matter which I assume applies to nearly all parking violations?

Thanks for the link but as said, could Kevin Butt send me a signed letter stating CEO’s will not issue us PCN’s if we park on Keep Clears, and is parking over a single yellow during its hours operation over the kerb also exempt for us, or just for yourself, CEO’s and Parking Services staff?

May I respectfully ask you to contact Kevin Butt, who ever he is, personally instead of using this thread to do this by proxy. That way Mr Butt will be aware of your questions, I am not sure he is a member of the forum.

As I have pointed out to you, those links are not about Sheffield, this thread and Forum is about Sheffield and you shouldn't be discussing non-Sheffield issues on it. There is a General Discussions thread for that.

Why would you think that I was interested or able to comment on what goes on in other Local Authorities? If you want informed comment, ask the Authorities concerned. I am not interested in making uninformed comments on these matters.

If you want a letter from the Council confirming that Keep Clear and H markings are advisory and you won't be ticketed on them, I suggest you write in and ask them for it. I do not speak for them or represent them on here.

CEO's, Council staff working in the highway, utilities etc do have exemptions within Traffic Regulation Orders which govern waiting restrictions which allow them to contravene waiting restrictions if necessary to carry out their duties. I'm sure you are fully aware of this. However, when their vehicles are not being used in connection with their duties, ie just parked, they are subject to the same rules as everyone else.

As I have pointed out to you, those links are not about Sheffield, this thread and Forum is about Sheffield and you shouldn't be discussing non-Sheffield issues on it. There is a General Discussions thread for that.

Why would you think that I was interested or able to comment on what goes on in other Local Authorities? If you want informed comment, ask the Authorities concerned. I am not interested in making uninformed comments on these matters.

If you want a letter from the Council confirming that Keep Clear and H markings are advisory and you won't be ticketed on them, I suggest you write in and ask them for it. I do not speak for them or represent them on here.

CEO's, Council staff working in the highway, utilities etc do have exemptions within Traffic Regulation Orders which govern waiting restrictions which allow them to contravene waiting restrictions if necessary to carry out their duties. I'm sure you are fully aware of this. However, when their vehicles are not being used in connection with their duties, ie just parked, they are subject to the same rules as everyone else.

So , as i asked on the other thread , are these wardens fined the same amount as the rest of us when they commit a parking offence . ?

So , as i asked on the other thread , are these wardens fined the same amount as the rest of us when they commit a parking offence . ?

As I have told you on the other thread, CEO's are entitled to park in contravention of restrictions if they have to in order to carry out their duties. If they are just parked, they are subject to the same restrictions as everyone else and can be penalised, same as everyone else.

Parking penalties are the same cost for everyone.

As I have told you on the other thread, CEO's are entitled to park in contravention of restrictions if they have to in order to carry out their duties. If they are just parked, they are subject to the same restrictions as everyone else and can be penalised, same as everyone else.

Parking penalties are the same cost for everyone.

And so they got a fine for parking their private cars on suspended bays for days on end ?