Sheffield Council's 1.2 Million Profits from Parking Permits!

Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?

Pity the council can't use their massive profits from parking for road repairs.

I have reported a series of >40mm (actually >100mm) deep potholes over the last few weeks and NOTHING has been done.

They are wilfully ignoring these potholes which can cause accidents, damage and endanger life.

Their response...

"Your request may be dealt with as part of our future planned works."

Fine...

I will be submitting my repair bill as part of my future planned works.

I will be supporting anyone else who wants to make claims, and I will be submitting a FOI request for the list of pothols which have been reported, but not acted on...

I will offer this list to any ambulance chasers who ask for it...

And before you ask, no I can't go round it as it is across the whole road.

Pity the council can't use their massive profits from parking for road repairs.

I have reported a series of >40mm (actually >100mm) deep potholes over the last few weeks and NOTHING has been done.

They are wilfully ignoring these potholes which can cause accidents, damage and endanger life.

Their response...

"Your request may be dealt with as part of our future planned works."

Fine...

I will be submitting my repair bill as part of my future planned works.

I will be supporting anyone else who wants to make claims, and I will be submitting a FOI request for the list of pothols which have been reported, but not acted on...

I will offer this list to any ambulance chasers who ask for it...

And before you ask, no I can't go round it as it is across the whole road.

what they do is spray yellow paint round the crator then say its the drivers fault if their car disappears down it as it was clearly marked on the road.

what they do is spray yellow paint round the crator then say its the drivers fault if their car disappears down it as it was clearly marked on the road.

Haven't even done that 3 weeks after reporting it.

"Ohhhh, I think I have whiplash after going into that pothole...."

As I have told you on the other thread, CEO's are entitled to park in contravention of restrictions if they have to in order to carry out their duties. If they are just parked, they are subject to the same restrictions as everyone else and can be penalised, same as everyone else.

Parking penalties are the same cost for everyone.

The band regularly see Parking Services vehicles and their staff parked all day on single yellows, funny how they never get round to ticketing themselves. They threaten vulnerable old people just for taking pictures of these parking violations, what a wonderful service you provide.

Its even been reported in the Star a few times but you carry on regardless, hence the violent threats.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/parking-mad-wardens-leave-own-cars-all-day-in-limited-time-areas-while-giving-tickets-to-others-claim-1-3101254

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 20:42 ----------

As I have pointed out to you, those links are not about Sheffield, this thread and Forum is about Sheffield and you shouldn't be discussing non-Sheffield issues on it. There is a General Discussions thread for that.

Why would you think that I was interested or able to comment on what goes on in other Local Authorities? If you want informed comment, ask the Authorities concerned. I am not interested in making uninformed comments on these matters.

If you want a letter from the Council confirming that Keep Clear and H markings are advisory and you won't be ticketed on them, I suggest you write in and ask them for it. I do not speak for them or represent them on here.

CEO's, Council staff working in the highway, utilities etc do have exemptions within Traffic Regulation Orders which govern waiting restrictions which allow them to contravene waiting restrictions if necessary to carry out their duties. I'm sure you are fully aware of this. However, when their vehicles are not being used in connection with their duties, ie just parked, they are subject to the same rules as everyone else.

As you and Kevin know, and as I've proven and explained, the threats, made up parking violations and scams are just as prevalent in Sheffield as they are

everywhere else.

Here is 74 listed scams which apply to Sheffield as they do in most other towns and cities.

http://www.appealnow.com/scams/

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 20:47 ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLibCjhh-34

Edited by Dentzler

The band regularly see Parking Services vehicles and their staff parked all day on single yellows, funny how they never get round to ticketing themselves. They threaten vulnerable old people just for taking pictures of these parking violations, what a wonderful service you provide.

Its even been reported in the Star a few times but you carry on regardless, hence the violent threats.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/parking-mad-wardens-leave-own-cars-all-day-in-limited-time-areas-while-giving-tickets-to-others-claim-1-3101254

So unsubstantiated allegations and two year old newspaper articles is the best you can do? Not exactly overwhelming evidence is it?

What do you mean when you say "you"? Are you referring to me, or the Council?

As I have told you and others, I post on here in a private capacity and do not represent any employer past or present. It says this on all of my posts, so why are you personalising the issue?

As you and Kevin know, and as I've proven and explained, the threats, made up parking violations and scams are just as prevalent in Sheffield as they are

everywhere else.

Here is 74 listed scams which apply to Sheffield as they do in most other towns and cities.

Who is Kevin and what makes you think I know him?

You've proven nothing as far as I can see.

As for your 74 "scams". I don't recognise any of these in Sheffield, indeed several of them mention clamping, which has never taken place here, so how can they apply here?

So unsubstantiated allegations and two year old newspaper articles is the best you can do? Not exactly overwhelming evidence is it?

What do you mean when you say "you"? Are you referring to me, or the Council?

As I have told you and others, I post on here in a private capacity and do not represent any employer past or present. It says this on all of my posts, so why are you personalising the issue?

Who is Kevin and what makes you think I know him?

You've proven nothing as far as I can see.

As for your 74 "scams". I don't recognise any of these in Sheffield, indeed several of them mention clamping, which has never taken place here, so how can they apply here?

So if the photos are fake and Sheffield Star is fabricating a story, then they're both liable and Sheffield Parking Services should sue, what a great lucrative opportunity for Parking Services.

It is you whom is personalizing the issue, I'm simply posting links and videos which prove how corrupt Sheffield and other councils parking services are, why does this bother you so much?

We personally know of 3,6,7,9,10,15,17,19,27,46 & 52 of the listed scams by Sheffield's Parking Services. Scams not listed which we are of in Sheffield are:

75) Cars been ticketed for boots shadowing double yellows.

76) Last couple winters motorists parked up their cars as it was no longer safe to drive, CEO’s then removed the snow to show yellow lines and create parking violations.

Of course you know Kevin Butt, if not you're both singing from the same hymn sheet. On this thread and others you continuously state councils and CEO's only ever make 'mistakes' 'they are only human' and defend corrupt councils and CEO's whom take bribes, invent parking violations, threaten and abuse motorists.

• 4 months later...

The Green Party petition for a reduction in the price of parking permits was rejected by Highway Cabinet Member Cllr Leigh Bramall at a meeting on 12th June. A separate petition for a reduction in prices for those on low incomes was also rejected.

With the support of the other opposition parties on the Council I have called this decision in for closer scrutiny.

This will take place at a public meeting and it is at the Town Hall this Thursday, 28th August. Further details can be found here:

http://sheffielddemocracy.moderngov.co.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=136&MId=5841