Sheffield Council's 1.2 Million Profits from Parking Permits!

Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?

That is a perfect example of council ripping people off and using motorists as cash cows. Why should the trade ones cost more than private ones. complete scam ,but sadly its a perfectly legal con the council know they can get away with.

Apparently because you can use them across all the zones, I think the orange ink must be expensive to.

My best advice is never argue with the warden drive off no ticket on car no photo evidence easy contest in court !

planner1, i asked you a question about what ots spent on, i didnt ask for what the law said, i asked a direct question, please give a direct answer

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Read post #5. The council say there is no surplus.

planner1, i asked you a question about what ots spent on, i didnt ask for what the law said, i asked a direct question, please give a direct answer

he answered it by quoting what it can be spent on, i suggest you read it again.

Or

contact the council yourself and request the info

And if the council didn't invent rules where none were needed, they wouldn't get broken - it's that simple.

Literally LOLing with you bringing out the "if the rules didn't exist we couldn't break them" line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litotes

And if the council didn't invent rules where none were needed, they wouldn't get broken - it's that simple.

Literally LOLing with you bringing out the "if the rules didn't exist we couldn't break them" line.

the rules invented by scc didnt exist 15 years ago.....cars were still around then, hummmm how did we manage to survive!

---------- Post added 30-08-2013 at 05:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970

he answered it by quoting what it can be spent on, i suggest you read it again.

Or

contact the council yourself and request the info

no i asked him what it WAS spent on, not what the law states, 2 different things, i suggest you read MY post

the rules invented by scc didnt exist 15 years ago.....cars were still around then, hummmm how did we

You are quite right we don't need rules, people can be trusted to act sensibly when it comes to parking.

"A Welsh town that became the envy of motorists elsewhere in Britain when it scrapped its traffic wardens has welcomed them back after the move resulted in congestion and parking chaos"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9302318/Town-that-scrapped-traffic-wardens-welcomes-them-back-after-enduring-car-chaos.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970

the rules invented by scc didnt exist 15 years ago.....cars were still around then, hummmm how did we

You are quite right we don't need rules, people can be trusted to act sensibly when it comes to parking.

"A Welsh town that became the envy of motorists elsewhere in Britain when it scrapped its traffic wardens has welcomed them back after the move resulted in congestion and parking chaos"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...car-chaos.html

thats going from 1 extreme to the other, this thread is about residents parking cash cow, not removing all traffic wardens so people can park on double yellow lines and block roads, 2 totally different things

thats going from 1 extreme to the other, this thread is about residents parking cash cow, not removing all traffic wardens so people can park on double yellow lines and block roads, 2 totally different things

Sorry I must have got it wrong, I thought resident parking zones were invented to try to prevent parking chaos caused by outsiders parking in a residential area.

It never appeared that many residents were in favour of them...

I did just have a look at the prices of all the empty parking on Headford Street and the price has indeed come down to only £5 for the entire day. It is of course still completely empty, and will be all day, whilst the nearby £1.50 and £2.50 all day car parks will be quite busy. But the council can claim that they've reduced prices.

It never appeared that many residents were in favour of them...

I did just have a look at the prices of all the empty parking on Headford Street and the price has indeed come down to only £5 for the entire day. It is of course still completely empty, and will be all day, whilst the nearby £1.50 and £2.50 all day car parks will be quite busy. But the council can claim that they've reduced prices.

I'd disagree with you there. Certainly in Broomhall an Broomhill the residents were strongly in favour of permit parking and had been asking for it for many years

Those private sector car parks don't appear to me to be doing too well. The one on Milton St has 30/40 vehicles in an aprox 200 capacity car park when I go past. It's just not a particularly popular or convenient area for most people visiting the city centre.

I haven't seen the one which charges £1.50, where is it?