Sheffield Council's 1.2 Million Profits from Parking Permits!

Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is 1.2 Million profit from Sheffield Parking Permits acceptable?

Councillors are only interested in furthering their own career`s ,and the only time they have any interest in the public is when its election time and they want your vote . Once they have it they concentrate on trying to climb the greasy pole ,much the same as MP`s do.

Aren't we Mr. negative, for your information I've attended meetings and so have seen councillors in action so know for certain you're talking rubbish.

A couple of other questions apart from the wondering about pet projects are how many permits is a single family house allowed to have and how does it work with a multiple occupancy house.

A couple of other questions apart from the wondering about pet projects are how many permits is a single family house allowed to have and how does it work with a multiple occupancy house.

There's no limit on the number of permits you can apply for at one address. You have to prove you live there and the vehicle is registered to you.

Second and subsequent permits cost double the first permit price.

Issue of permits is at the Council's discretion, so if someone asks for a large number of them, they could potentially be refused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WallBuilder

There's no limit on the number of permits you can apply for at one address. You have to prove you live there and the vehicle is registered to you.

Second and subsequent permits cost double the first permit price.

Issue of permits is at the Council's discretion, so if someone asks for a large number of them, they could potentially be refused.

refuse money...scc...yea rite, they are not bothered how many permits they issue as long as they getting paid, parking spaces are not their consideration in the slightest

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

refuse money...scc...yea rite, they are not bothered how many permits they issue as long as they getting paid, parking spaces are not their consideration in the slightest

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Not true.

They do extensive surveys to establish the parking demand and who is parking in the area.

They would not put in a scheme where it was residents themselves who were causing the problem.

Being rigid about keeping permit allocations low caused what some on here might regard as unnecessary complications in Sharrow Vale and I believe they have learnt from that. They are usually able to satisfy the level of demand for permits.

Edited by Planner1

Myself and plenty of other people I know live in a Sharrow CPZ and have never been asked or consulted about anything.

The confusion over permits was done deliberately to steal more money. CPZ's are mostly nothing more than just highway robbery.

I'm 110% sure you did but ignored it. People like you **** and moan after the fact instead of doing something at the time you're given the opportunity.

Also you might want to post retracting your accusation that SCC are stealing from residents. There's a libel case right there.

I'm 110% sure you did but ignored it. People like you **** and moan after the fact instead of doing something at the time you're given the opportunity.

That or they moved in after the zone was set up. I've lived in two zones where the permit system was set up, both times we had letters delivered asking us about it before any decision was made. First time, like many, we just chucked the letters in the bin, second time we wrote back in support of the zone after our previous experience.

I live in a residents parking scheme area and think it has made a massive improvement to parking in and around my street.

Sssh! We'll have no positivism about council "pet-projects" on here. :hihi:

That or they moved in after the zone was set up. I've lived in two zones where the permit system was set up, both times we had letters delivered asking us about it before any decision was made. First time, like many, we just chucked the letters in the bin, second time we wrote back in support of the zone after our previous experience.

I'm willing to bet good money that if these CPZ schemes were free, paid for using the taxes of everybody else that everyone objecting here wouldn't be.

Ironic considering most of them consider people on benefits for genuine reasons as scroungers.

I'm willing to bet good money that if these CPZ schemes were free, paid for using the taxes of everybody else that everyone objecting here wouldn't be.

Ironic considering most of them consider people on benefits for genuine reasons as scroungers.

Well you'd lose your bet, I actively encourage people to claim benefits and work cash in hand if it ain't too risky.

I object because the main priority of Parking Services is just to fleece motorists.

---------- Post added 02-09-2013 at 13:27 ----------

Also you might want to post retracting your accusation that SCC are stealing from residents. There's a libel case right there.

Then tell them to sue me and my neighbours! Kevan Butt knows my address.

Edited by Dentzler