Racism claim in Scottish ketchup war

Not when eating a deep fried battered white pudding! Only the best tomato sauce will suffice. ;) And whilst we're on the subject, why don't English chippies sell white puddings? Next time you're up north try some. :)

White pudding is the sister to black pudding and commonly found as a savoury oatmeal sausage containing oatmeal, bread, suet (raw beef or mutton fat) and sometimes shredded pork. It can also be found without the suet and pork as a vegetarian option. It is usually fried in individual slices and served as part of a traditional Irish or Scottish breakfast but also found in the form of a deep-fried battered sausage in your local Scottish chippy. Deadly but delicious it is known as a white pudding supper if you care to try it the next time you are heading north, I have never found it anywhere else.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-blogs/news/what-is-white-pudding/

Last time I was that far up North I had a Savaloy Dip, German type sausage and gravy with home made peas pudding on "Stotty cake". It's almost worth driving up there just for that experience alone. Drool!

"Tony Winters, an electrical engineer, was told he would have to pay a 25p surcharge for tomato ketchup in an Edinburgh chippie. He now plans to take his complaint to trading standards officers.

What a load of nonsense. I hope Edinburgh Trading Standards have better things to spend their time investigating.

I also didn't realise that it was Trading Standards who enforced the Equality Act, or that preferring tomato ketchup to brown sauce was a protected characteristic under that Act.

Still, you learn something new every day.

Archived