Do we live by logic?

Not in a lot of cases IMO. Many people are very emotional and not awfully rational, they live to a large part ruled by emotion and this generally precludes any detailed forward planning or forethought.

On the other hand, some people are far more rational than others and live their life in a more logical planned way.

Not in a lot of cases IMO. Many people are very emotional and not awfully rational, they live to a large part ruled by emotion and this generally precludes any detailed forward planning or forethought.

On the other hand, some people are far more rational than others and live their life in a more logical planned way.

Quite. SF is an excellent example of how this transpires. "How would you like it if your kid was raped and chopped up" sort of response.

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 14:57 ----------

We are all individuals and live our lives to a variety of codes and beliefs, to be logical and sensible all the time wouldn't be much of a life as far as I'm concerned though others may disagree.

I think you can be emotional, sensitive and logical at any one given time..as long as you don't lose sight of each individual concept and allow one to blur the other.

I think you can be emotional, sensitive and logical at any one given time..as long as you don't lose sight of each individual concept and allow one to blur the other.

Decisions are often formed through a conflict of feelings, even logic can be conflicted; for instance a logical decision might be conflicted by something that could be best for yourself or something altruistic.

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 15:22 ----------

Are you Dr Spock?

Don't say that or he'll have to change his catchphrase from "Gets Coats" for "beam us up Scotty":hihi:

Decisions are often formed through a conflict of feelings, even logic can be conflicted; for instance a logical decision might be conflicted by something that could be best for yourself or something altruistic.

IMO that's where logic predominates essentially, so I would agree with the premise that we do live as logic dictates overall practically. In the 3rd instance/party, logic does seem to take a back seat as Cyclone suggested mainly because of poor reasoning or communication skills..

Archived