Yoga Therapy for Maintaining a Healthy Back - Sunday 8 September..

Hello there friends,

There are still a few spaces on the following workshop...

Sunday 8 September, 10.45am-2.15pm, The Sharrow Performing Arts Space, Mount Pleasant Road, S7 1BE, £25 waged and £20 concession.

Due to popular demand I am arranging another healthy back workshop. This workshop is an introduction to the back. It is suitable for people who wish to maintain a healthy back and for people who have back problems. The workshop will examine the structure of the spine, how it moves and the muscles that support the entire back.

You will learn:

* Easy anatomy and physiology of the back;

* How to align yourself and use your core stability muscles;

* Specific yoga asanas and sequences which stretch and strengthen the back and core stability muscles;

* An explanation of why yoga is good for maintaining a healthy back.

Hand-outs will be given to support the workshop. Spaces are limited to avoid disappointment please sign up soon.

Some testimonials from the Yoga Therapy Back Workshop held in April this year…

“I would like to say how much I enjoyed your style of teaching. Everything was clearly explained and/or demonstrated so when it came to our turn to move we already had the movements in mind. The most important aspect for me was your light hearted approach; through a combination of warm welcomes and joviality everyone was put at ease. You checked throughout the day whether everyone had understood and invited questions. The combination of explanation and movement was I felt just about right.” HT

“I have been attending Joanna’s yoga classes and the back workshops for many years now and have found them to be invaluable in managing my back problems. Not only are the exercises extremely helpful in managing stiffness and pain but the background information about how the back ‘works’, the anatomy and physiology help me to understand the problem I have and how best to cope with it.” JD Semi-retired

“I have been to many different yoga classes but have never found as good a teacher as Jo. She is brilliant at adapting the movements and postures to meet our own individual needs. The classes are great fun as well and the feedback excellent. Jo never makes you feel inadequate if you can’t do something well. I have learnt a great deal from her.” MB Finance Director

To book please email me on the details below.

With many thanks and warm regards,

Jo

Yoga Nature Sheffield

07816 540 261

jo@yoganaturesheffield.org.uk

http://www.yoganaturesheffield.org.uk

Archived