-6.7 Iridium flare tonight.

I've just been out looking West, is it the colourful twinkly one? Looks to be only thing in that direction, can't see any stars.

Ok, just got back in and expected great things from this and saw a bright twinkly star like thing ... was that it?

Neither, it wasn't visible due to the cloud.

Neither, it wasn't visible due to the cloud.

Wouldn't it's visibility depend on where you were stood? Maybe visible from some areas in Sheffield?

I also saw a twinkly like, like a bright star, that twinkled around the right time, and eventually faded out (in about 5 mins). Couldn't have been a star, they don't fade out so fast!

Wouldn't it's visibility depend on where you were stood? Maybe visible from some areas in Sheffield?

I also saw a twinkly like, like a bright star, that twinkled around the right time, and eventually faded out (in about 5 mins). Couldn't have been a star, they don't fade out so fast!

That's exactly what I was looking at, it's seemed to shine red for a short time too.

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 23:11 ----------

Almost forgot to say thanks for the heads up megalithic, always like to see these things but normally find out about them after they have occurred.

So Thank You megalithic:banana:

There's absolutely no way you could have mistaken it for a star. If you'd seen it you would have known without a doubt. Much brighter than any star plus visually it would have been moving around the same speed as an high altitude aeroplane. :)

Archived