Ed Milliband is a ..

I don't see why Cameron and his lot couldn't have supported Miliband's amendment. After all his amendment only called for "compelling" evidence to be produced before military action. Why would Cameron et al not want to wait for such evidence before going to war?

As it is Dave has shot himself in the foot by rejecting a sensible amendment and then losing his own vote.

I don't see why Cameron and his lot couldn't have supported Miliband's amendment. After all his amendment only called for "compelling" evidence to be produced before military action. Why would Cameron et al not want to wait for such evidence before going to war?

As it is Dave has shot himself in the foot by rejecting a sensible amendment and then losing his own vote.

Maybe he knows its all made up and knows there can be no evidence.Maybe he knows its all about getting someone in leadership in that country so we can be mates and control the oil.

If people think lifes are the reason we should go in,then ask yourselfs how many will be killed if we do?

We really need to get away from the Americans who are always war mongering for more oil control.

Highly intelligent and principled man, just not as Prime Ministerial as his older brother.

Its the highly principled bit I challenge. The people of Syria are suffering, we could and should assist, milliband has used this for political advantage. disgusting.

Dave gave a vote, the answer was self explanatory.

No matter what he does , he's wrong in the eyes of some.

We will get involved, too much money at steak not to.

---------- Post added 30-08-2013 at 11:32 ----------

Its the highly principled bit I challenge. The people of Syria are suffering, we could and should assist, milliband has used this for political advantage. disgusting.

I cant see how raining bombs on them can make things better,it hasn't worked anywhere else.

Isn't it the job of the leader of the opposition to thwart bad government policies? Which would inevitably lead to government spin doctors cursing and wailing.

Mind you, I do still think we could still do with stronger parliamentary opposition.

Yes it is, however, when there are times of national or world crisis the Leader of the Opposition has a duty to do the right thing.

In the case of Syria Milliband has used the suffering of the Syrian people for his own political purposes. He is a disgrace.

Yes it is, however, when there are times of national or world crisis the Leader of the Opposition has a duty to do the right thing.

In the case of Syria Milliband has used the suffering of the Syrian people for his own political purposes. He is a disgrace.

I'm sorry, but I cannot subscribe to that. For one thing the world would have been a much better place if the Tories had stood up and done their job properly when Blair wanted to get us entangled in the Iraq war.

For another thing, I don't think it is in our interest to get militarily involved in Syria. I don't think foreign forces wading in will be all that much help to the Syrian people either in the circumstances, especially given the make up of some of the rebel forces in Syria.

There are no easy solutions and in the circumstances all we can hope for is a least worst option, but Britain staying neutral looks like it might just be that least worst option.

Archived