Miscarriages of justice-Do they really happen.

The jury heard the evidence presented by both sides. The prosecution call evidence first which is challenged by the defence. Then the defence call evidence (the defendant included) and that evidence may be challenged by the prosecution.

Not sure what on earth you mean by the jury not having read up about it - they are told to decide the case only on the evidence they hear in the court not from "reading up about it"

brandon kelly must have known that bridger was buggered and also may have cannily set aside some defence for a re trial or appeal.in other words he has not yet played a full hand.

oh yes, that well known defence tactic. Wait until everything has calmed down and hit them with the ace in the hole.

You mean Brendon Kelly QC. I am not following your logic however. How would he know that his client was 'buggered' and as a result not play a full hand -perhaps you could enlighten us sceptics as to what the 'full hand' might be here.

The suggestion that a leading counsel would not put his full case as well as he was able in a case like this on the basis I am waiting until I appeal is nonesense.

The suggestion that a leading counsel would not put his full case as well as he was able in a case like this on the basis I am waiting until I appeal is nonesense.

I agree, an utterly bizarre strategy..if evidence exists that would compel an appeal court why would a barrister not present it to a crown court in the trial?

---------- Post added 05-09-2013 at 17:22 ----------

because those on the jury had to be those that had not read up about the case..they only decided on what the prosecution presented.

But teenyweeny you already criticised people who were forming an opinion based on what they'd read in the press? :confused:

My nephews murderers were set free in Feb 2010, police admitted they would not look for anybody else in regard to his murder(they already had them) money goes a long long way, the murderer was a prolific drug dealer with a flash car and money to burn on defense. Why did they find him in Spain, he didn't use his passport? Why run if nothing to hide. So what about the victims and victims family who never get justice?

I have taken a keen interest in the jeremy bamber and the mark bridger case and noticed reading up on all events there seems to be a lot of circumstantial by the prosecution and a lot of holes in both cases..ive followed the bridger case from begginning and i dont believe everything put in the newspapers ive followed court tweets and joined a few groups.What does everyone else think. :)and is there room for error in any case.

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 21:24 ----------

Can full life tariffs be overturned and what is the deadline for appeal of a case.

I'm not sure if anyone else has linked this case, but they do happen and here is a recent sentence that has been overturned.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rachel-manning-boyfriend-wrongly-convicted-2262503

I'm not sure if anyone else has linked this case, but they do happen and here is a recent sentence that has been overturned.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rachel-manning-boyfriend-wrongly-convicted-2262503

very interesting reading thanks for the link.:)

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 12:30 ----------

thank god michael le vell was found not guilty..otherwise there would have been another miscarriage,at least the jury saw some sense to this farce. x

thank god michael le vell was found not guilty
Did you know he was innocent prior to the trial? :confused:

..otherwise there would have been another miscarriage,

Not if he'd been guilty.

at least the jury saw some sense to this farce. x

Do you believe all rape trials are a 'farce'?

Archived