HIgh Energy bill is this right ?

WOW i don't know what i am doing right as mentioned above my central heating is on from 8am till about 1.30am the hot water is on at that time as well, the heating comes on when the temp goes below 20 C, plus 1 tv is on 8-9 hours a day and the other is on about 5 hours a day, plus other things mashing tea etc. i think i am a little bit happier now i pay with DD and they have just put it up from £62pm to £80pm and now with the good weather i am over £200 in credit.

WOW i don't know what i am doing right as mentioned above my central heating is on from 8am till about 1.30am the hot water is on at that time as well, the heating comes on when the temp goes below 20 C, plus 1 tv is on 8-9 hours a day and the other is on about 5 hours a day, plus other things mashing tea etc. i think i am a little bit happier now i pay with DD and they have just put it up from £62pm to £80pm and now with the good weather i am over £200 in credit.

Have you taken a meter reading recently? Do your payments actually match your use...?

Have you taken a meter reading recently? Do your payments actually match your use...?

Hi truman

I put my meter readings in once a month online they are always very much up to date, and i get info online how much i have used and how much i have paid each month, and i am always in credit except for maybe a couple of months in the winter.

I pay £50 a month for both gas & electric. Single person in a Two bed terrace, that up until today had no insulation in the roof at all. Just entered my monthly meter readings & iv used 9 units of gas & 90 units of electricity. Im hoping to build up enough credit to be able to hammer the heating in the winter months & not have to worry about the bills!

i live in 3 bedroomed end terrace with 2 adult children, who sleep with their tellys on, i pay £120 amonth for gas and electric, have a credit of £145, with a none profit company on a social tariff, Equigas and equipower, they don`t show up on search engines, you pay the same how ever you pay ie quarterly, monthly or by meter and no standing charge

£53 a month dual fuel....mid terraced miners cottage with no cavity wall insulation. Solid sandstone walls.

Add to that approximately £300 for logs for the wood burner in the winter months.

Just over £900 in total.

Archived