Does this happen to anyone else?

When I can't sleep, there is always a song playing endlessly in my noggin, and if I do doze off, as soon as I wake again, it just starts straight up again - same song (whatever it happens to be) over & over.

Me too. At the moment it's Protège moi by Placebo, for some reason :confused:

Maybe those dodgy bugs on your nasturtiums have turned out to be highly trained SAS bug operatives and have abseiled down to gain entry to your bedroom on a secret night-time mission . They have planted some dodgy earworms , such as "turning japanese" .

This is just one of a series of covert missions - what is the answer , dig up all nasturtiums NOW ?

This hasn't worked very well ... just come to check my thread out and immediately got BA Robertson's bloody 'Bang, bang' back in my head again! I'd forgotten all about it 'til now! :gag:

Anyone else who posted earlier having the same thing happen when they check, or am I just 'special'? I think I might have unwittingly reprogrammed my brain! :o

I swear that I'd never heard the song before in my life! How the hell does that work!?

You must have. The brain absorbs these things.

When I heard Passion of Lovers by Bauhaus in my early twenties, I knew I had heard the tune before. For about ten years, I had only listened to classical music, and blotted out most of what I had heard in my childhood. It prompted me to explore all these tunes from infancy to which I could not really put a name. I rediscovered a treasure trove of new wave music from the early eighties which must have been on the car radio or elsewhere in the house when I was still wearing a nappy.

All these tunes that sounded vaguely familiar but whose names and lyrics were unknown and incomprehensible to me, gradually came flooding back. This was how I became a belated goth as a twentysomething.

You must have. The brain absorbs these things.

When I heard Passion of Lovers by Bauhaus in my early twenties, I knew I had heard the tune before. For about ten years, I had only listened to classical music, and blotted out most of what I had heard in my childhood. It prompted me to explore all these tunes from infancy to which I could not really put a name. I rediscovered a treasure trove of new wave music from the early eighties which must have been on the car radio or elsewhere in the house when I was still wearing a nappy.

All these tunes that sounded vaguely familiar but whose names and lyrics were unknown and incomprehensible to me, gradually came flooding back. This was how I became a belated goth as a twentysomething.

Jeez ... that takes me back! That link took me on a romp around youtube ... wish I could have some of those tunes stuck in my head instead of BA! ... in particular,

... the most beautiful song ever written (to be honest, the Cocteau Twins still fill the air here at Area 51 and a half).

Out of all this plethora of music to choose from, which as you suggest, is probably stored somewhere in the brain ... why do I get rubbish like BA Robertson (Bang bang) and 'Road to Mandalay' !? :rolleyes::gag:

I know it's not very "politically correct" but it was on the radio the other day and reminds me of my childhood , Cher's "Gypsies , Tramps and Thieves " " we hear it from the people of the town that call us ...."

Amazing, I was about to mention that one as I scrolled down. I once mentioned it to a girlfriend, days later we were in B&Q and it came over their speakers. Now the song follows me around. Then again Cher is the mistress of musical torture as anyone who's watched Groundhog Day will know.

Archived