Looking for my mothers brother adopted in the 1940s

Hi everybody I was wondering if somebody could give me some help. My nanny was born in Sheffield in 1923 and had a son Jack Lambert in 1944. When my nanny met my gran-dad she was forced to give him up and she then moved to Ireland with my gran-dad. She ran away trying to search for him unfortunately my gran-dad go to her before she could leave the country. Her name was Elsie Lambert (Married name Elsie Power) She died in 1993 but my mother and auntie are continuing the search hoping they will find him. We believe he was adopted by a Annie and Charles Smith so his name could now be Smith. Were really not sure. If anybody thinks they could help me could you please let me know?... There desperate to meet there brother

Also I have some addresses and the name of the church he was baptized in if somebody thinks they could help I will pass them on to see if anything can be done.

Thanks!

Archived