What makes a world civilised?

What do we mean when we say “ we live in a civilised world!?”, or what do we mean when we say life in country X is bad because that country in uncivilised?

What makes a world civilised and another uncivilised? :mad:

A civilised society is one in which the people have a rule of law and politics to solve disputes and promote ideas instead of brute physical force.

Yes it is, would you now care to answer my question?

Are you dim or deliberately obtuse? Why has no one else struggled with it?

In the UK and similar cultures religion is a private thing. People don't enjoy door knockers or bible bashers lecturing them or judging them. In Britain people ignore the door when the Jehova's Witnesses come knocking. In the USA most look at the 'bible belt' as somewhere odd. Most live in cities and are relatively non religious.

Cappice?

In the UK and similar cultures religion is a private thing. People don't enjoy door knockers or bible bashers lecturing them or judging them. In Britain people ignore the door when the Jehova's Witnesses come knocking. In the USA most look at the 'bible belt' as somewhere odd. Most live in cities and are relatively non religious.

Cappice?

I look forward to engaging them in discussion about god, I can't be the odd one out surely.

Cappice?

No, my question was in regard to the expression Flanders, would you like to try again? Are you sure you are answering the right question?

Please do not forget to add the appropriate insults.

Archived