Is it homophobic because someone sees it as such?

Well theres a lot of wierd people in the world then.

It wasn't that long ago that being homosexual was wierd, how times have changed eh, maybe theres hope for us yet ?

Marrage now is not the same thing and you don't have to be wierd to work that one out. I never gave homosexuality a second thought until they demanded they desolve marrage to prove a point, churches should advertise that what they offer is real marrage and maintain the ban on these fake hijacked marrages that are now offered.

What's the difference between my marriage and one offered by the Church then?

Marrage now is not the same thing and you don't have to be wierd to work that one out. I never gave homosexuality a second thought until they demanded they desolve marrage to prove a point, churches should advertise that what they offer is real marrage and maintain the ban on these fake hijacked marrages that are now offered.

I wasn't married in a church, so by your reckoning I'm not really married? :o

In a church you get "invited to make your vows, in the presence of God and his people."

Legally it may be the same, is the tone different?

How do they know their god heard the vows? Could have been giving Aids to children at the same time.

I'd rather give my vows in front of friends and family who actually care.

What's the difference between my marriage and one offered by the Church then?

I believe that the State has a right to set rules for a legal union between two people, involving their living together for mutual comfort and support, with legal rights concerning property, etc.

The State is entitled to call this "marriage"; it can involve a "marriage" between two persons, both divorced and with partners living, which can be legal by State law.

A "church" has the right to set rules for a "marriage ceremony" under its auspices. The Roman Catholic church, for instance, would not allow the marriage of the divorcees in the above example, even if they were of different genders.

There should be NO RIGHT to sue a church for refusing to perform a marriage which contravenes its rules.

I believe that the State has a right to set rules for a legal union between two people, involving their living together for mutual comfort and support, with legal rights concerning property, etc.

The State is entitled to call this "marriage"; it can involve a "marriage" between two persons, both divorced and with partners living, which can be legal by State law.

A "church" has the right to set rules for a "marriage ceremony" under its auspices. The Roman Catholic church, for instance, would not allow the marriage of the divorcees in the above example, even if they were of different genders.

There should be NO RIGHT to sue a church for refusing to perform a marriage which contravenes its rules.

Exactly, leave them to it.

Archived