Is it homophobic because someone sees it as such?

In a church you get "invited to make your vows, in the presence of God and his people."

Legally it may be the same, is the tone different?

Thanks but I was asking hard2miss in direct response to his posting

"churches should advertise that what they offer is real marrage and maintain the ban on these fake hijacked marrages that are now offered."

I'm interested to know why he thinks my marriage is fake and/or hijacked

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 13:08 ----------

There should be NO RIGHT to sue a church for refusing to perform a marriage which contravenes its rules.

There isn't, is there?

I would stone them in public if it was left up to me..

Read these accounts of the recent brutal murder of the Barnsley lad Steven Simpson and post what you did afterwards.

http://www.workersliberty.org/story/2013/03/30/no-justice-steven-simpson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2166327/Autistic-teenager-Steven-Simpson-dies-burn-injuries-tanning-oil-prank-went-wrong.html

I'm more than happy with my opinions I am anti gay or homophobic or whatever you want to label me,I have nothing to hide,why can homos say what they want protest in the streets even try and get the church to change its marage laws yet a normal hetrosexual man like me cant say anything without someone reporting you to the authorities.

You talk about stoning male homosexuals - what's your view of lesbians or is a bit of girl-on-girl action ok?

Read these accounts of the recent brutal murder of the Barnsley lad Steven Simpson and post what you did afterwards.

Rather he didn't if you don't mind. There are other outlets to see, hear or read about self relief.

Family friendly, remember?

You talk about stoning male homosexuals - what's your view of lesbians or is a bit of girl-on-girl action ok?

Talk about kick a man down when that man already has his own boot in his mouth.

As atheists, we made sure we went nowhere near a church when we got married. In fact, at our civil ceremony, religious music was actually not allowed within the ceremony at all. (That's what they told us, not that we'd have chosen any anyhow...)

We rather think we're just as married as anyone who got married in a church...

As atheists, we made sure we went nowhere near a church when we got married. In fact, at our civil ceremony, religious music was actually not allowed within the ceremony at all. (That's what they told us, not that we'd have chosen any anyhow...)

We rather think we're just as married as anyone who got married in a church...

Yes of course you're married. There wouldn't be any point in getting married in a church if you're an atheist.

What if your partner wasn't an atheist?

Or what if you do it to make your Christian mother happy?

It would depend on what comes first your stand or theirs. Either way one of you has to compromise and betray your own principles.

With regard to mother, whatever decision is reached should only be agreed by the couple, with no manipulation or pressure involved. If that can't be managed I would advice you to stay single.

Archived