Cricket players wanted South Sheffield

Ok its approaching the end of the regular season but Whittington Wanderers have indoor nets running on Thursday nights from now until January, switching to Sundays in February until the start of the 2014 season.

We are based in North Chesterfield just off the end of the Dronfield bypass so ideal for anyone based in South Sheffield. All abilities and we are also the cheapest club around subs-wise.

Very friendly and great teas. Division 3 and 6 of the Yorkshire & Derbyshire League (Saturdays) and a Midweek (t20) friendly team as well.

See our website oldwhittington.play-cricket.com for details or pm me.

i joined the whittington wanderers back in 2009 after the wanderer contacted me about an advert i posted wanting to take up the sport.Until now i hadnt ever played so the first time i went was quite daunting ,butthe lads are a great bunch and you will instantly feel welcome.Whether you are looking to play for fun or looking to do well this club has it all.The subs are very resonable with a great home ground and great pavillion.If you are getting too old maybe for football and wanting a different sport or have a teenager that has enjoyed the sport at school and wants more the wanderers could be the club for you go check out the website and hope to see you at nets soon....will

Look forward to seeing you down there sometime Scott. I can't make every week but if you're in Sheffield I'll be travelling from Greenhill if you want to share transport. Like Will, I joined Whittington after a post by the wanderer on here 5 years ago and I think it's a great club.

no worries scott plenty of time you just rest up and get yourself better mate

---------- Post added 19-09-2013 at 22:13 ----------

Abig thank you to all the lads for coming to nets another great night and a big welcome to scott from rotherham and simon of totley its great to have you on board

Archived