Sheffield Town Centre What a Dump

sandie

I'm afraid this is world wide, why even in rural Kingsville (ontario) where folks leave the doors open and kids play in the streets and parks I did indeed get into a traffic jam must have been at least four cars in front of me at the one and only traffic lights think maybe its time to move to somewhere not so busy

I'm afraid this is world wide, why even in rural Kingsville (ontario) where folks leave the doors open and kids play in the streets and parks I did indeed get into a traffic jam must have been at least four cars in front of me at the one and only traffic lights think maybe its time to move to somewhere not so busy

This sounds truly awful, does the UN know?

Hi flyer glad your ok I was wondering if you had been naughty on that thread again lolol

This sounds truly awful, does the UN know?

I did break into quite a sweat:D:D

---------- Post added 10-09-2013 at 17:57 ----------

Hi flyer glad your ok I was wondering if you had been naughty on that thread again lolol

No just been sailing round the Med' then I woke up up and found out I was just drunk:hihi::hihi:

The Labour party are responsible for the state of the city. They were in power when they decided to confront Thatcher and therefore distanced themselves from any meaningful funding to repair the damage done by necessary de industrialization. They have been in power for most of the time the city has been in decline.

I would respectfully suggest that you should examine your own comments here my friend , and by that I mean critically examine them .

(1) . Where was the real power ?

(2) . Who confronted who?

(3) . Who was responsible for the " necessary de industrialisation" ?

(4) . How long did the " necessary de industrialisation " take to complete out of 90 +years that labour has held control of Sheffield City Council ?

(5) . What funding did Sheffield City Council distance themselves from ?

If you answer those questions honestly I am sure that you will arrive at a different conclusion .

Another example of the bigoted and vindictive behaviour of Thatchers total disregard for any one who did not share her own autocratic desires was her willful outright removal of the South Yorkshire metropolitan county council .

She did so purely out of revenge because she could not control them .Just as she did to her own cabinet ministers and MP's .She was a dictator of the highest order . Oh! And who was it that deposed her ? Certainly not the electorate . It was her own cabinet who had had enough of her .

Ironically , the lib-dems who claimed the high ground in local democracy now collude with the self same party which was , is and always will be opposed to local democracy .

Hillpig, if capitalism works, then why is it now the biggest recipient of state handouts to save it from bankruptcy ? Capitalism is effectively on the Dole, on our tax money, and to some tune ! The "1% super rich and 99% poor", with the middle classes being slowly wiped off the map doesn't represent true, supply and demand capitalism which has been sidelined, so I think you should draw the distinction. I also think that those partisan contributors on the Forum should wake up to the fact that their parties are all on the same song sheet when it comes to major issues like US led international ventures, austerity, immigration and so much more, leading many (especially the manic, but proven correct many times, Max Keiser) to believe that all the so-called democratic parties are in the pockets of the financial powers. Independent politicians should be supported or there could be more people calling for Joanna Lumley's 'Good Dictator' to lead Britain.

Maybe its the people of Sheffield that hold this city back. They fear change and just want everything to stay the same. :roll:

The sooner they flatten that area the better.

What and build a replacement downmarket area down the bottom of the Moor? I think not!

This city is an absolute dump, I really don't think there is any way back from this urban decay! Pedestrianisation of the Moor/Fargate started the demise of the city centre in the early 70's. Other towns and cities have realised this and have introduced bus/delivery traffic back into their high streets. This has put a heart back into what had turned into desolate no go areas populated by alcoholics and beggars.

Archived