Will David Cameron Be Re-Elected?

Well, the Conservatives did not win enough votes to become the sole party in this term.

And given his massive epic fail to win enough votes again to go to war in Syria.

Is David Cameron a lame duck or a shrewd operator?

I personally know we are better off out of any conflict beyond these shores, we have our own issues to deal with at home than to punch above our weight and invade yet another country resulting in thousands of needless deaths for false agendas.

We cannot even look after our own solders when they return home, they get worse treatment than benefit claimants.

It is the only time in recent history that a leader has failed to go to war because of votes against them.

I hope he dosent.

I disagree, surely Gordon Brown will hold that title for the rest of time.

Yes but Brown actually got to Number 10....

Foot signed the longest suicide note in history in 83 and was sunk for good then. He'd have made a better PM than Brown, not that the bar was especially high....

Absolute rubbish. Ireland and Greece had a budget surplus before the crash and we can all see what happened there.

Also Tories would have matched Labours spending because George Osbourne said they would. Trying to day anything otherwise is the realm of fantasy.

And if by irresponsible you mean spending money on a crippled NHS after years of Torie rule and rebuilding schools. I'm sorry but I can't see as anything other than a daily fail clone.

Labour didn't spend our money on the NHS they squandered money on the NHS. Any lunatic can throw cash away.

---------- Post added 02-09-2013 at 00:31 ----------

Brown was an electable PM before the crash revealed his incompetence as a Chancellor. Milliband is unelectable.

Come on everyone, look at the creep, he is really weird.

I don't think trust is an issue with the Tories. Some people just want their free stuff to continue, and they know the Tories tend to put a stop to things like that.

Free stuff like 20% taxpayer guaranteed mortgage subsidies. Yeah the Tories hate freebies.

Labour didn't spend our money on the NHS they squandered money on the NHS. Any lunatic can throw cash away.

---------- Post added 02-09-2013 at 00:31 ----------

Brown was an electable PM before the crash revealed his incompetence as a Chancellor. Milliband is unelectable.

Come on everyone, look at the creep, he is really weird.

Why throw cash away when you can give it to your friends or increase foreign aid like Cameron is doing? Oh and he must keep a little back to try and bribe people for votes in 2015

politically, the two questions for me are

how much of a difference will ukip make to the conservative vote?

how much will the libdem vote suffer as a result of them being in Government?

the better ukip do, the more difficult it will be for the conservatives to retain some of their more marginal seats

if the libdem vote collapses, labour will be the main beneficiary

economically, which is generally the issue on which most general elections are determined, if the economy continues it's gradual improvement, the conservatives will be given the benefit of the doubt by a lot of floating voters and i suspect there may be a widespread view of "lets give them more time to finish the job"

i also suspect that many voters still blame labour for the economic problems and they still have too many people in prominent positions who were in charge at the time

labour still have plenty of time to come up with new policies, but most elections are lost by the governing parties rather than won by the opposition - so, as long as the conservatives don't **** things up economically, and don't have too many internal arguments over europe, i suspect they will still be the largest single party after the next general election

i doubt they will have a majority though, and i think a lot of it depends on whether or not nick clegg is still the leader of the libdems, and, if so, whether or not he can persuade enough of his mps to support another coalition with the conservatives

Brown didn't have the MPs to form a coalition with Clegg. The only mathematical possibility was the Conservatives and Lib-Dems.

2010 election results

Conservative 307

Lab 258

lib/dem 57

Lab + Lib/dem 315

Others 28.

Run that one by us again.

And given his massive epic fail to win enough votes again to go to war in Syria.

That probably won't be as damaging as some people think

Government lose vote on war in Syria as only EIGHT per cent of Brits want urgent strikes

I don't mind who it is as long as Labour are kept out of power.

Labour haven't been in power since 1979.

Let's hope the Scots will depart from us and finally be independent

Opinion polls say otherwise.

Scottish independence: No vote hardens up to 59%

Because he bribed the libdems

More successfully than Gordon Brown you mean?

Stubborn PM refuses to quit despite winning just 29% of the vote

followed by...

Liberal Democrats: We won't form Labour coalition with Gordon Brown as leader

resulting in...

Brown quits so Labour can cling to power

Gordon Brown to quit in bid to woo Lib Dems

I can understand how you might have forgotten all this, it was over 3 years ago now.

And to bring us up to date, in the year 2013...

How Labour is preparing for a coalition with the Lib Dems

I do so very much hope your objections to the "unelected" David Cameron will be translated to an objection against an "unelected" ED Milliband, should this come to pass.

Archived