Thought i had found my dad

i messaged a man that i thought might have been my dad,basically just asking if he used to live on the area that i was told he lived on and also asked if he new my mum,he replied with no sorry,then replied again to say he did used to live on that area,so i messaged him again sayin im looking for my dad but i havnt got much info other than what i had told him,hes seen the message but he hasnt replied,i have left it two days and now im stuck as what to do or say

What's your reason for posting the above? Did you message someone on this site, or another site? Are you expecting members to give you some advise about your dilemma, or are you hoping the man will see and have his conscience stirred and contact you again?

i messaged a man that i thought might have been my dad,basically just asking if he used to live on the area that i was told he lived on and also asked if he new my mum,he replied with no sorry,then replied again to say he did used to live on that area,so i messaged him again sayin im looking for my dad but i havnt got much info other than what i had told him,hes seen the message but he hasnt replied,i have left it two days and now im stuck as what to do or say

Message him again and leave your number. Then the balls in his court.

Good luck.

I wouldn't be meeting him on my own my partner would be going with me, not sure if I want to meet him just want to no what he looks like, if I have brothers and sisters etc but doesn't seem like he's going to reply as I've left it a few days now, don't no what else I can say to him, thanks for your replys

I wouldn't be meeting him on my own my partner would be going with me, not sure if I want to meet him just want to no what he looks like, if I have brothers and sisters etc but doesn't seem like he's going to reply as I've left it a few days now, don't no what else I can say to him, thanks for your replys

Perhaps a mediator would be useful. Someone neutral who can speak with your dad or send a message on your behalf?

Maybe he had no idea you existed...may take him a few weeks if not months to reply...he may be married and have other kids.... This news could rock his world & his current family.maybe he is weighing up the options of what having another child that he didn't know about could affect his current life.

As others have suggested,leave a number & leave it at that.as has been stated the ball would then be in his court.

Hope you get the news you want.

Archived