I've Not Watched TV For Over Two Months. Anybody Else?

I have to admit to following Dragons Den and The Apprentice online though. :D

This season of Dragons' Den has been very poor. I haven't seen anything that good. The bloke with the pub snakcs (beef jerky thing) is the best I've seen. I've never eaten it, but it looks ok for pub snacks. Those peanut coated things I've seen in a few places. Could be a new line here. I've never seen anyone selling anything like that here.

I haven't watched TV (or what passes for it these days) in years. When time permits it I watch films/documentaries/comedies/dramas on things like XBMC, Netflix, Youtube etc. Also I like a spot of reading, either online or a real book/magazine.

Here's another post I don't understand. You are watching things like comedies, dramas, documentaries - things on the whole made for tv. Is it highbrow to watch them on t`internet rather than say I've got a telly and I watch it??

Is it highbrow to watch them on t`internet rather than say I've got a telly and I watch it??

Not for me it isn't. I just used to find if i watched something on tv i'd find myself sat there watching something else that i really had no real interest in and gain nothing from, sort of a bad habit if you will.

I haven't watched TV (or what passes for it these days) in years. When time permits it I watch films/documentaries/comedies/dramas on things like XBMC, Netflix, Youtube etc. Also I like a spot of reading, either online or a real book/magazine.

You must be rich :)

Not for me it isn't. I just used to find if i watched something on tv i'd find myself sat there watching something else that i really had no real interest in and gain nothing from, sort of a bad habit if you will.

Sky plus. Watch what you want, when you want. I haven't watched TV aimlessly since it was invented. The only time I watch TV live is football.

TV just doesn't interest me anymore.

Haven't owned a TV since 2007. There's so very little on there that interests me that it just didn't seem worthwhile having one.

The (very) few programs I want to watch can be viewed legally using catchup TV.

I've just looked at tonight's offerings on BBC1.

Eastenders: Aimless melodrama with plentiful servings of ham.

Fightback Britain: "features Shane Lynch, formerly of Boyzone, and his stolen Subaru racing car". Golly that sounds thrilling.

Motorway cops: Yet another cutting edge documentary to ad to the BBC's proud heritage.

Room 101: Yawn.

Scintillating stuff.

Total saved in TV Licence fees since going LLF (Legally Licence Free): £873 (at current prices)

And to quote the BBC's own site:

You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch ‘catch up’ services like BBC iPlayer or 4oD.

LINK

Archived