70's and 80's night @ the merrie monk

kirky

just thought i'd give it a mention as me and the forums dj_shadowman started it on saturday night.as the room we are doing it empties early evening due to the young locals all go down town i thought it would be a good place to turn into a forum night,despite the place having a bit of a bad rep i can honestly say its because of where it is that its got a bad name (manor park)and its no worse than any other place so does any of the 30/40 somethings fancey nipping up for a drink or 3.

just thought i'd give it a mention as me and the forums dj_shadowman started it on saturday night.as the room we are doing it empties early evening due to the young locals all go down town i thought it would be a good place to turn into a forum night,despite the place having a bit of a bad rep i can honestly say its because of where it is that its got a bad name (manor park)and its no worse than any other place so does any of the 30/40 somethings fancey nipping up for a drink or 3.

oh and forgot to say,if anyone from owdlads age group fancies comming up they have a turn on and play tombola in the other side:thumbsup:

Would be nice to see some of the forum lot up there.

As Kirky says, it has got a bad rep, but thats just lingering on from the past.

There has been a recent change of owner who has invested a LOT of his own cash doing it up.

The main room has been totally redecorated, new tables and chairs going in next week and 2 weeks after that all the windows and frames are being replaced.

Ok, the new owner is a geordie, but we wont hold that against him :hihi:

He is a great bloke really.

So if you are into your 70's & 80's music, pop in and see us and have a beer or two - everyone welcome.

As Kirky says, there is also a live act on in the other side as well....

Archived