Tai chi classes

hillsgal

I'm looking at starting to do tai chi and I'm wondering if anyone has any comments to make about the classes that are available. I'm a total beginner and I'd prefer a class where most people are at a similar level rather than it being a mixture - I did go to one class a while ago where it was a mix of beginners and experienced people, and it was difficult for the teacher to give everyone the attention they needed. I'm not so much interested in the combat/sparring side of tai chi, so I'd want to avoid classes where this was the main focus.

I've found a number of classes around Sheffield but the ones that would suit me best for location and the day of the class are the one at Westways Primary School in Crookes on Mondays, the one at Goodwin Sports Centre on Fridays, or the one at Kingfield Hall on Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays. If anyone has any comments on any of these classes, that'd be really useful in helping me decide which one to go for.

Archived