They're back..September is SPIDER month

You didn't open the link did you?:loopy:

I was too scared to :help:

I did NOT Jane, he does this to me every year and I got caught out once...so never again!

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 23:18 ----------

What I really hate are those centipede things that scuttle across the basement floor when I turn the lights on. :gag:

Sounds like my youngest when I catch him creeping in at 2 in the morning!

I woke up and found one of those lanky ones with the unfeasibly long legs hanging off the light fitting. Gave me quite a moment. I also have a thriving colony behind each of my wing mirrors. I haven't dared examine them as new wing mirrors cost a packet. Off to the car wash tomorrow and ask for them to be washed out.

Spiders are beautiful creatures who help out with reducing the number of other insects in our houses and gardens. The spiders we have in this country are all completely harmless to humans and even if you could induce them to bite then the bite would be only as severe as being bitten by a midge, which most of us cope with lots of times a year perfectly well.

I'm quite scared of spiders, but they are awesome(especially close-up). Most are harmless in the UK, but there are a few to be weary of:

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/life/insects-spiders/identification-guides-and-keys/spider-bites/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130975/Woman-loses-hand-bitten-false-widow-spider.html

:o :o