Jeremy Kyle Show - Evidence we need workhouses?

Zamo

Seriously? The land on which houses are being built is being sold for far more than that. Are you not including the sale of land in your approximation?

I am not including land cost, however land can be bought for £8k/acre which would make a plot for a large house by today's standard some £500.

Due to the perverse planing regime, the cost is manipulated upwards to £1million per acre and more.

Housing need not be scarce and it need not be expensive.

Who gets off on these kind of programmes anyway? I've said ages ago TV is generally aimed at women. As for these types of programmes themselves, it seems to me that people will say and do anything to get their mug on TV. Does anyone think these shows might be staged and fixed just like the X Factor is? If all people have to worry about is what's happening on JK, X Factor, Coronation Street et al, then they've had life far too easy.

Who gets off on these kind of programmes anyway?

Arrr Sez I

Post 59, first 2 sentences.

He'll be along in a few hours when he gets out of bed. Probably has the alarm set for the first episode of the day.

Who gets off on these kind of programmes anyway? I've said ages ago TV is generally aimed at women. As for these types of programmes themselves, it seems to me that people will say and do anything to get their mug on TV. Does anyone think these shows might be staged and fixed just like the X Factor is? If all people have to worry about is what's happening on JK, X Factor, Coronation Street et al, then they've had life far too easy.

Some people may 'get off' on them, I watched part of an episode of JK early this morning on catch up TV, mainly out of curiosity as it doesn't form part of my normal viewing. It was disturbing. Families in disarray, whose only means of communication is shouting and swearing with threatened violence thrown in for good measure. A mother whose daughters appear to be equally as bad parents as she was, young men who only seem to be around long enough to impregnate young women - who then have to prove who fathered their children.

It made me wonder what shaped those families in the beginning and if/how the cycle can be broken. The culture of blame was obvious by their accusations, as was their lack of personal responsibility.

Hopefully the numbers represented in the show are minimal. But even if they are, there are children whose lives must be badly affected by living in families like these. I just hope they get help and support when they need it.

Some people may 'get off' on them, I watched part of an episode of JK early this morning on catch up TV, mainly out of curiosity as it doesn't form part of my normal viewing. It was disturbing. Families in disarray, whose only means of communication is shouting and swearing with threatened violence thrown in for good measure. A mother whose daughters appear to be equally as bad parents as she was, young men who only seem to be around long enough to impregnate young women - who then have to prove who fathered their children.

It made me wonder what shaped those families in the beginning and if/how the cycle can be broken. The culture of blame was obvious by their accusations, as was their lack of personal responsibility.

Hopefully the numbers represented in the show are minimal. But even if they are, there are children whose lives must be badly affected by living in families like these. I just hope they get help and support when they need it.

Compare it to the BBC 4 series about 1940s Britain and the welfare system. I won't put any more details as when I did in reply to an Halibut post my reply was removed.

Compare it to the BBC 4 series about 1940s Britain and the welfare system. I won't put any more details as when I did in reply to an Halibut post my reply was removed.

I think some people are still living in the 1940s and I think some people would want the UK regress even further backwards than that

Interesting article in the Metro yesterday. Yet more evidence of the growth of the dysfunctional chav class. The Department of Education say the government is going to do more to support these 'disadvantaged' kids. I think that is part of the problem... we need to do less and force chavs to face up to their responsibilities.

And in answer to you question... the answer is B!

maybe if these so called chavs had parents that gave a crap and taught them to be more responsible in the first place, then you wouldn't be sat here complaining about them now.

their is only learned behaviour, look at the parents and ask why they didn't discipline their children or bring them up instead of dragging them.

your daughter sounds like a charmer, is she a chav ?, maybe she will be on jeremy kyle one day eh ;)

I can understand someone watching a new show like this maybe once or twice but that goes for most TV. The formats follow the same pattern every episode so once you've seen it once you've seen it all. You can't criticize people for watching JK if you watch any of the soaps for example or the X factor. It takes a certain level of dumb to be able to watch hundreds of episodes of the same thing. Imagine all that wasted time put to better use to better oneself or helping a charity. But, as we all know, figures prove a high percentage of these viewers, over 80% are WOMEN. Make of that what you will. You may not like it but it's a fact. WOMEN, stop wasting time and do something productive with your lives. Hopefully my post will inspire some women to stop watching so much mindless rubbish on TV. I'm here to help.

Archived