Resurfacing Updates

Can anyone tell me what are the prerequisites for a road being deemed worthy of being resurfaced under this plan they seem to have? I've just got home to our new build house on a new build estate with a new build road which is maybe four years old in construction and completely solid and pothole-less to find signs saying they're going to be resurfacing it for two weeks? Call me crazy but of all the roads that need to be done in sheffield, I would put ours at the very bottom of the list. Seems like a total waste of money to me!

Try ringing 2734567 and go through to Amey think it's option two.

However they are also rplacing light columns and cleaning drains so they may get to your road and do the visual inspection when all the vehicles are out of the way then decide nothing needs to be done with the road surface itself.

All these nice new smooth pavements they're doing at the moment as well will eventually all be spoiled by the various utility companies digging them up to get at leaking pipes etc.

The utility companies are working with amey to do any of their work before Amey get on site. They've also agreed baring emergencies that they wont dig the new pavements/roads up for five years. If they do have to do emergency work then Amey will make sure they leave the site as they found it so no more badly filled un-even refilled trenches

The utility companies are working with amey to do any of their work before Amey get on site. They've also agreed baring emergencies that they wont dig the new pavements/roads up for five years. If they do have to do emergency work then Amey will make sure they leave the site as they found it so no more badly filled un-even refilled trenches

AMen to that.

I will believe this when I see it check back in 3 years

Wait until the cash runs out . it will be back to bodging the roads with sub-standard repairs on the cheap ,and pot hole repairs with an inch of tarmac that crumbles and falls out within a couple of months .

Wait until the cash runs out . it will be back to bodging the roads with sub-standard repairs on the cheap ,and pot hole repairs with an inch of tarmac that crumbles and falls out within a couple of months .

I'm half tempted to to ring them and use the cash allocated to our road to do campo lane. You could lose a small toddler in some of the potholes there. It looks like a patchwork quilt.