Resurfacing Updates

they have done several roads in crookes, all around lydgate lane, bute st, brick st and carson rd to name but a few. they are supposed to be starting mulehouse road tomorrow after putting it off twice in the last 2 weeks! crookes main road is not due until 2015.

Edited by olilew

Hey, I live at bottom of Hackenthorpe and we have had all the Rainbow related roads done.

But the footpaths are ruining the clean image with soil and gravel poured all over the place and things half done.

Also, when is Birley Spa Lane and Birley Moor Road getting done as they are the main roads.

Unfortunately Birley Spa Lane is being resurfaced under a separate scheme in 2015, so another two years to wait. I live on there and had a letter from the council about it a month or so ago. Occupation lane is also 2015.

quick update on this, for the third time now they have put off doing mulehouse road! they changed the signs today yet again after us all moving our cars. it now says 11th of september!

Get them all to leave all the cars on the road, if they tow em then they will have a riot on their hands :hihi:

Cycling around the city, it's hard not to notice that resurfacing has started in Dore, Totley, Crookes, Walkley and Crosspool. What's the betting they run out of money before they get to the poor areas?

What a stupid post, you should look at the amey website and actually look what areas they have done/are doing before you make daft sweeping statements like that.

Cycling around the city, it's hard not to notice that resurfacing has started in Dore, Totley, Crookes, Walkley and Crosspool. What's the betting they run out of money before they get to the poor areas?

I live in Ecclesall and our Rd is down for doing in 2017. I think the residents will have sunk in the massive pot holes by then, I'm sick of the crumbling gravel that gets walked into the house on our shoes.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

Just because a road isn't due for work for another year or so doesn't mean that you can't report potholes and the like. My road is due to be worked on this October but they were out last Monday filling in a couple of pot holes which some-one must of reported as they hadn't been marked with yellow paint which is the usual way the workmen usually do thingsif they do a visual check on a road.